Thursday, April 30, 2009

Technology Divides.

I am here, not there. But, I know what each and every member of my family is doing over there.

All four brothers are online and I am chatting to one of them. 3 are upstairs in their rooms and the brother I am talking to is in the living room, being a spectator to a game of scrabble.

Who's playing scrabble? My parents. Yup, the 2 of them, engaged in a war of word making. By the way, they're halfway through their second game.

I would give anything to be there right now, though not in that game of scrabble, just watching it. Every morsel of flesh in me hates playing that game. Don't ask. I would rather be a sideline spectator, giving hints and spoiling the game Lol.

Technology divides. All of them should be in the living room, playing scrabble.

PS. I think my parents are cute.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! looks like one happy family connected through technology.

xoxo, nadia said...

I do think that technology connects, but at the same time it divides?

In the past, everyone used to gather in the living room to watch TV or play a game. But now everyone has their own laptops so they watch programs on their laptops or chat with their friends.

Sometimes, I only see my brother during mealtimes :D

Anonymous said...

It's good that you see your brother.

xoxo, nadia said...

Hey Anon...

Its cool (:

Yasemin said...

Mashallah tha sounds like so much fun. Especially when you have exams and school on the brain. Do you hate it because they try to make up illegal words? Laughing * Love you hon.

xoxo, nadia said...

OH they all argue about WORDS and i am always called upon to make a final decision. Most times, they rely on the dictionary which is total cheating because they check it before forming the word.

LOL.

I hate it because I am a sore loser. I got the highest grades in english, compared to everyone else in the family but I suck at scrabble.