I am scared.
Yesterday, while doing Asr prayer, I experienced acute sharp pain in the left chest. The pain started from where you would place the stethoscope to get a good listen of the apex beat and radiated to the area where you would listen for the atrial valve.
I don't really know how to describe it other than the way the heart pumps is not the typical way you would imagine. It sort of starts at the apex of the heart and the heart sort of wrings itself upwards as the muscles contract.
This was the direction in which felt the pain.
It was so painful that I cried out, and dropped onto my prayer mat. 3 seconds later and the pain was gone.
Today, I was taking a nap when suddenly I awoke with my heart thumping against my chest. It was thumping so hard, as if I had just finished a run, except that the pace was regular, not racing.
I have experienced this sort of pain before. I have always ignored them but,...
It's not heartburn and it's not the tightening of the chest experienced during an asthma attack. I would know both of these of course.
Could it be possible that I, a female of 21, be having myocardial infarctions?
Mini heart attacks ignored...and when the big one comes, it will be too late.
I am scared.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Diagnosed with fear.
Dear Anon,
Thanks for your diagnosis.
*cyber kick
i think you should check your health nadia. that's scary sis. take care.
InshaAllah, the next time it happens I will make an appointment with the medical centre...
I hope it does not happen again though!
salaam nadia
well dear..
i have been suffering that kind of pain since i was a kid. and my mom too... so, i know its ok wid me, Alhamdulillah.. (or maybe i've survived a 100 or more MI), but, hey... i think u rather show a doc.. in case u r so uncertain.. dont take chances gal...
tc..
lots of care
Wasalam Almas
I've had it since young too!! Is it really MI though? dad tells me its just muscle spasms??
It has not progressed to anything more serious though...
I will see a doctor the next time around.
Thanks for caring (:
ahhhhhhh! do i need to yell at you to a doctor???! go! run! lol...that's scary...inshallah you'll get better!
I don't hear you yelling over here in Australia!!
I hope it doesn't happen again. If it does, I will demand an emergency appointment with the doctor. hehe
Post a Comment