
Real name: Lia Aminuddin
Gender: Female
Nationality: Indonesian
Marital status: Married, 4 children
Parents: Muhammadiyah sect
Religion: Kingdom of Eden/ God's Kingdom
Life before she decided to create her own religion: Expert in flower arrangements, had a program on TV
First unnatural experience: 1974, shining yellow ball floating in the air which disappeared as soon as it descended onto her forehead
Second unnatural experience: 1995, while praying, she claimed to have felt the presence of Jibril
Official website: http://www.liaeden.info/ "Official site of Archangel Gabriel"
Lia Eden believes she is in contact with God through Jibril. She claims to have healing powers. In 1998, she decided that she was Imam Mahdi. She was also known as Mary, mother of Jesus. She believes that one of her sons is Jesus.
In 1997, the sect released Gabriel's Edict in response to the criticisms they received from the Majlis Ulama Indonesia.
Most of her followers are actors, artists, musicians and students.
Lia has been sentenced to two years in jail after being convicted of blasphemy charges in 2006. She was then charged with distributing brochures, books and VCDs about her teachings, which prosecutors said were irreverent toward Islam.
“She said divine revelation had not permitted her to be accompanied by any lawyer,” Lia spokesperson Saor Siagian told reporters at Jakarta Police headquarters, adding Lia would rely on divine support to defend herself.
Saor said Lia was charged because she had put out an edict that annulled every religion. “She broadcast her message to a thousand institutions, including to the head of the National Police and to the President,” Saor said.
In her message Lia said God wanted every religion annulled. The message was also put on the Internet at www.le2-34-777.info. (It's in Bahasa Indonesia)
Hope you guys enjoyed knowing about another crazy person today (: Next crazy person soon!

8 comments:
Wow, she looks cool there. I want to shave my head bald too LOL.
Cool? I think the white band around her head and her stick thingy is SOOOOO tacky.
And what's up with all the candles?
LOL
I tried to find out what are some of their practices but I could not find any.
wow that's so strange! i've never heard of anything like it before.
You know, I wonder how people can become so whacked... Like the case of the indonesian (or was he malaysian?) man who encourages his followers to have sex with everyone else... (I hope I got the story right but it is sth along that line).. That is whacked! I am surprised he even has followers...
This is a very weird story! I love it sister! You write so nicely. Much love today.
Malekat: Indonesia and Malaysia are perhaps 2 non-arab countries that are famous for being 'Islamic'. However, they do have deviant sects and there are also those that practice witchcraft of sorts. I wish I had more info on Lia Eden. I have seen pictures where her followers are dressed in black robes, and she in white.
Asha: Yeah, there was that man who encouraged his followers to engage in sex as well as switch sex partners. I am not sure where he's from. He's deffo someone on my crazy list.
I wonder too how they get crazy. Look at Lia...she was a successful flower arranger and even had her own program on national TV. Did she just get bored? Or is she just losing her mind? I am pretty sure she knows what she's doing. L
Lisa: Indeed! I try to write so that I'm not explicitly ridiculing her, because that's not my main motive. I just wanted to show that there are some people who believe in outrageous things.
But somehow, everything I write sounds so sarcastic.
Lol, I need to separate emotions from my writing about such things.
Love you too. and Youssef!
Post a Comment