I am going to try and undo some damage that my previous posts have caused. F is saying that I have turned the girls against him.
After he explained the issue, I realised that I was actually at fault. He told me about what the Prophet had said and I admitted I was wrong. So all is good now.
I rush into things, typing without thinking, saying without reflecting and end up wanting to take back words I have spoken. I am going to try and slow myself down a little. This mouth needs to shut itself.
The other day, I was looking at my reflection and it reminded me of how someone had told me I was not at all pretty, because my eyes were small and my nose was not like hers. I was so upset back then that I forgot I can still see without my glasses, while she's as blind as a bat and what I lack in the nose department, I make up for it in the good complexion department (I kid). What I'm trying to say is, I want to stop letting myself be so easily affected by what others think of me. I want to stop feeling miserable when someone says I'm fat or short or asks me a stupid question like if I can still see when I laugh because my eyes scrunch up.
I want to be able to say Alhamdulillah because I have a head full of hair,a fully functional brain, 2 eyes, a nose, a mouth, fat cheeks, 2 hands, 10 fingers, 2 legs, 10 toes. In other words, I'm complete. I go through life without stopping and saying Alhamdulillah for the things that I have. I forget that all these things can disappear in an instant. I forget that I am probably better off than 75% of the population.
I am going to keep my hair in a hijab, use my brain well and not abuse the IQ that I have, see only halal things, cover my nose at the smell of a man's cologne, speak only of good things, lose the fats in the cheeks, use my hands to carry out meaningful tasks and walk in the path towards Jannah.
If you're reading this, stop and say Alhamdulillah NOW. (:
Reminding you, just in case you forget. I hope Baba Ali didnt copyright that.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Thanking Allah.
Labels:
abaya,
boys,
F,
Hijab,
How To's,
Islam,
Life,
muslim,
The Ideal Muslimah,
University
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Haha good to hear about that then alhamdulillah.. so keep improving then!
(:
Insha Allah
Salaam Aleikum
Good for you,
Insha'Allah
Alaykum Assalam
Thank you!
Oh well. . . Did he mean the gals on blogger ?. ?. :) well, tell him a sorry on my behalf then. :( :(
. . . But well. . . Since i know him only throug you. . . And since i am a gal. I wud understand YOU and not him. . . Partiality does happen sometimes ;) ;) but all that matters is you both are happy again . . :) :)
and yes nads Alhamdulillah for whatever God has made us . . . No one is perfect, but the beauty is in what we already have :) so Alhamdulillah :)
tc dear :)
p.s- my eyes become teeny weeny too when i laugh :) :) :) lolz... And well, its sweet actually :-p :-p . . . Lets be immodest :p
Forgot to ask. . .
who is baba ali? Whats with his copyright ?
Hehe, not to worry, he is not upset. Not even with Malekat, whom I think has called him loser about twice. LOL. Yeah, he is actually very patient and sweet, despite my outbursts of immaturity and temper. He realises that what you guys comment on is based on what I blog about, which is obviously one sided. Lol
Hurray for teeny weeny eyes. I think everyone's eyes scrunch up though when they smile or laugh. I wont call it being immodest, we are just proud of what we have! Alhamdulillah.
Baba Ali is a guy on youtube who has videos aimed to remind Muslims about issues that we sometimes forget. He does it in a funny way, such that people can still laugh themselves and at the same time realise their mistakes.
Go check him out on youtube...search for Baba Ali. Just do it after exams. His videos are quite addictive. He also ends every video by saying "Just reminding you, incase you forget"
Alhamdulillah. I really like F. So much! I'm SO glad that this was a little bump in the road. I have been preoccupied with terrible thoughts sweetie and I'm really sorry. I am back in full force and just so relieved to read this. Love you endlessly.
Post a Comment