A diabetes sit-down-and-just-listen lab that lasted for 2 hours has got me completely drained. I am so tired. I don't know what's up with my body. The last time I felt this way, it didn't end very well.
I'm not just physically drained but mentally too. I just want to lie down on my bed and shut my eyes and cover my ears so no thoughts can enter my mind.
I don't feel like there's a reason to get out of bed anymore.
Allah (swt), guide me in the right direction and give me courage to continue on the path that has been chosen for me.
A muslim, that's what I really want to be. Not a student, not a doctor, not a wife, not a mother.
Just muslim.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am so sorry that you have to live with this. My heart goes out to you dear one. I can't even imagine how diffcult each day can be.
The good news is that they have so many cookbooks for diabetics, so many great sugar-free treats. I am crazy about sugar free Snackwells! Inshallah, though Allah meant for you to be defined as a Muslim, and not a diabetic, you have a wonderful opportunity here dear. To make others know what this is like and teach. Love you so much!
Aww Lisa, your comment made me feel so much better. It's like someone is actually concerned about me!!
Anyways, i feel like giggling now because I think you misunderstood my post. I'm not diabetic. I was in a laboratory discussing diabetes. I did learn alot and I definitely will be teaching others about it.
However, I do feel like sometimes people place too many expectations on me and I wish everyone would just be happy with me defined as Muslim.
I'm tired of being the only daughter out of my parent's five children, I'm tired of being the only one out of all my female cousins to wear hijab, I'm tired of being called the most intelligent among all my relatives...People expect me to be perfect. But, I'm not.
Hope youre doing fine, with Youssef. If you were here in Australia, I'd come over anytime and babysit him. (:
Love always.
Nadia,
Oh thank goodness! I'm glad that your not diabetic and my heart was breaking for you!
Wow, mashallah you are the only hijabi and the smartest, more educated! Sister you are doing so well! You remind me of maybe how my sister feels and you have humbled me today! I love you very much. Stay strong.
Thank you Lisa. (:
I think part of being a good muslim is also being a good student, a good daughter, a good neighbour etc.
So I really have to buck up on my studies!
Love loads.
Post a Comment