Sunday, April 26, 2009

What's not to love?

I don't know what to do anymore. How is it that we can be surrounded by people, talking to someone and yet, still feel so lonely inside? It seems like everything I do ends up being wrong, even if I started with good intentions. I feel so small. So very small and insignificant. Have you heard of the saying, 'To the world, you are just one person but to one person, you are the world'? Who is this person..I wonder when will I meet this person? Is this person already in my life, hidden? I wrote my mom a card telling her that she loves more than she is loved, for noone's love compares to hers. Now I hope I did not say the wrong thing. I don't want her to feel unappreciated. If what I wrote to her was true, mothers must be the loneliest people in the world. Giving out love and receiving a minute amount in return. On the subject of love, what IS love? Is it love when you get butterflies in your tummy talking to a guy? Or is it love only when you don't get those butterflies anymore? Is it love if I help with my brother with his exams...and when he does better than me, I feel a slight twinge of sibling rivalry? Is it love when my mother tells me I am too fat and that I should lose weight or no one will like me? But Mother, I want someone who will love me regardless of my weight. Is it love when you wake up each morning and your thoughts are only about one person (rendering you non functional for all other activities of daily living)? Is pre-marital love prohibited??LOL @ pre-marital love. I am so witty and since there is noone to appreciate my wit I shall LOL on my own. I am being cynical there. Don't get me wrong, I am not begging for sympathy, just someone who can clue me in on this marvelously complicated topic. I imagine myself to be the lonely old woman with a bunch of cats, living in a huge mansion...except I don't like cats so maybe switch cats to books. yeah...me and my beautiful mansion. Sucks to you for not loving me...or you could be living in my mansion or coming over for tea. My messenger list is full of people I don't talk to. Friends from school, friends from uni...I've started deleting people. The other day I did an experiment. I put: 'I shaved my head bald!' on my messenger status and suddenly, so many people started IM-ing me asking if I had really done it. Firstly, I wear hijab, why do you care anyways? It's not like youre gona be seeing my bald head. Secondly, you dont even TALK to me but you care about my haircut? Thirdly, you all forgot my birthday. Lastly, go away I'm deleting you from messenger.
Can you tell I am an angsty teenager in this post?

6 comments:

Malekat_el7oriya said...

awwwwwwwwwwww you poor thing ,(or is it you poor baby?) oh who knows! don't be so confused. I don't think i'll be able to help so much considering i'm only 12...but i shall try. I know what you mean when you say you're surrounded by so many people yet you still feel so lonely inside. I used to fee that all the time and sometimes still do. I guess partially at least for me, it's because i'm not surrounded by people who understand me. So maybe try to hang out with people who's personality is like yours.And no matter what you are NOT insignificant and small! don't think of yourself like that!! When you feel lonely and small in this world, remember that atleast one person in this whole world is thinking of you lovingly and that definetley includes me!:) you're thinking too logically about the quote "to the world you are just one person,but to one person you are the world".belive the person who wrote that quote was not thinking about it as hard as you are. :)

"Is pre-marital love prohibited??LOL @ pre-marital love. I am so witty and since there is noone to appreciate my wit I shall LOL on my own."
nope i'm here and I'm lol-ing with you!!!
umm and @ you imagine yourself being a lonely old woman with a bunch of cats? lol. nope you are nothing like that! trust me. you are loved, like i said on one of my other coments, i imagine you to be a lovely princess wearing a sparkly gown, a gold tiara and shining slippers....waiting for her prince charming to appear lol ;p i'm probably getting a cyber kick for that right? lol.and your yahoo messenger friends are losers!! they don't deserve your charming voice wasted on them... lol. :)
i love you so much and sorry for the long post hope you feel better!!

xoxo, nadia said...

OMG I AM GOING TO KICK MYSELF!! ARE YOU REALLY ONLY 12??!!! WHAAATTTT...I thought you are like 16 or something...
*kicks self

MashaAllah, you write like such a mature lady hehe.

Am I really thinking too hard about it? But that is what I do best..think. Lol. Think and no actions :b

You're so sweet Malekat (: So no cyber kicks today, even for that prince charming comment hehe.

Love ya too (: HUGS baby sister.

xoxo, nadia said...

Oh, and I love your long comment. Makes me feel loved (: It's as long as my post hehe.

Hey, hope you're feeling much better too sweety.

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

Assalam nadia.......
oh oh oh
you r reeeaallly angry!!!
well, my dear...it's ok if u r feelin lonely in a crowd... happens to me too.... it's mostly wen ur heart is somewhere else....or rather with someone else...
i too feel empty sometimes...
iy feels like the whole world is on one side and im on the other...
don worry gal...
it happens...
and bout the special person... i know how curious u mite be feeling... :) ...keep ur fingers crossed.. he may pop in any time... inshaAllah he'd be a wonderful man, an angel...
maybe he IS in ur life, maybe not... we'll have to wait to know...;)...

and my dear dear nadia... a little bit of jealousy, a little bit of anger, a little sadness are all needed to make us who we are.. dont be upset at that...

and well... no problem in deleting people.. you dont like someone, kick him/her out... :) :)
life is too beautiful to share with losers :)

cheers to them for whom we r the world !!!!
:) :)
love you lotssss :)

xoxo, nadia said...

Alaykum Assalam Almas

It seems like you know me so well, it's kinda spooky (@ it happens when your heart is with someone else).

I guess youre right. If I am always happy and smiling, people will think im fake and plastic.

YES life IS too beautiful to share with losers.

Wow, I can read your comment like again and again.

Oh yeah, CHEERS to that special person indeed.

Hugs LOVE ya

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

Walaykum assalam nads...
oooh!!! it's actually nice to hit someone's nerve... not spooky dear... :D :D
and well.. we both are nov 87 borns... u sagi or scorpio???
sound more like a scorpio... cant say... :) plz enlighten me...
love you too ... *hugs*
tatas