Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Exams!

I've got some entries saved as drafts and I'll publish them once I've had time to edit and look through them again. Probably after exams.

I've been really busy, not with studying though but catching up with old friends and new friends, Alhamdulillah. It's supposed to be a study break but the other unis have got a break too so it's a great time to hang out with friends you don't normally get to see.

Today I had a fantastic lunch thanks to Ad and Az (: And also a really sweet breakfast. Had an awesome time yesterday. I'm smiling thinking about the great company and the lame movie we all watched together though Ad fell asleep.

Also, I realised this country has a lot of dumb protocols. They make it so difficult to convert driver's licenses. Imagine having to take the theory test and practical test all over again just because they don't recognise the country that you received the license from. And, this is even after they make you translate your license into English. Grrr


So now I am struggling with revision. I'm going to skip tomorrow's revision lab and just read my lab book and check out my medical atlas. You guys make dua for me okay? Thanks in advance.

Love loads XOXO,
Nadia

12 comments:

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

Salaam sis!
All the very best to you !!
my exams are round the corner too, and im not yet in a state of 'revising'.. have got to START STUDYING :D lolz..
tc

Yasemin said...

I'm making dua for you as soon as I write this comment sister! I'm glad you've been surrounding yourself with old friends and takng a well-deserved break. Hope all is ok with converting the driver's license. Lots of love!

Malekat_el7oriya said...

ditto on what lisa said! will be making dua for you sis! :) seems like you had a good time with your friends :P and the drives license thing is weird too, but isn't it like that everywhere? oh well hope things go well!

Asha said...

Wah cool! What movies did you watch? Rest now and mug later!! (you better start studying lol!)

xoxo, nadia said...

Wasalam Almas (:

I have been trying to follow your blog but I can't seem to find the button for it! HELP please lol

You are doing MBBS too. What year are you in?

Hehe, let's start studying together Almas (:

May Allah help you with your exams too.

XOXO

xoxo, nadia said...

LISAAAAA I love your pictures hehe looks like you are on a roll, taking pictures of pictures.

The driver's license thing wasnt for me, as my country's license is recognised. My poor friend has got to take all the tests again.My friend is such a fantastic safe driver. Poor friend...

Thank you for your dua Lisa...You are always in my thoughts..(: gonna check out your blogs now!

And I've got SO MUCH to tell you...A very long email will be making its way to you soon.

XOXO

xoxo, nadia said...

Salam Malekat.

I had great fun with my friends...It was cool catching up and making new friends...NETWORKING lol

I don't know if its like that everywhere but if you are already making someone translate his license, then why make him go through the tests all over again?

I guess its the same as uni as well. You'd have to get your academic transcripts translated into English, before sitting for an entrance exam to prove that you really earned those credentials from your own country.

It's just very frustratin. I failed my driver's test the first time so I would understand the agony of an experienced driver having to sit for the test all over again just to convert his country's license into Australia license..They didn't even look at his international license...

The lady at the counter was like "Oh, we don't even look at THIS!". before tossing the card back to him.

Woman needs a slap for being rude. lol

xoxo, nadia said...

Asha, I watched the Love Guru. Dumb movie but hilarious!! like totally brainless humor and we all need that once in a while.

But I felt weird for some time because I was the only one getting all the jokes. Most of the others didnt have english as their first language. So I was LOL-ing on my own.

Where u at? F and I wanna go get groceries. Subi, anyone?

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

well nadia... i see u as follower of my blog, though th profile pic is not being displayed... take a look at the 'followers' in my blog... u r one of the two 'pictureless followers' :)

and well am in the prefinal year...
don know which year it corresponds to in ur place...
where R u btw??/
my subjects dis yesr are
SPM, Ophthalm and ENT..
urs???

xoxo, nadia said...

Salam! I just realised that I did manage to follow your blog. I am a little confused sometimes.

So I'm a pictureless follower. Teeheehee funny!

Are you in clinical years already? Meaning hospital rounds? You probably correspond to 4th or 5th year here.

I am in western australia.

My subjects this year are the digestive, endocrine, reproductive, renal, musculoskeletal and neuro systems.

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

o ya.. clinics started long back..
hmm our courses are really diferent
we have it like
anatomy, physio and biochem in the 1st yr
pharmac microbio patho and forensic in the 2nd+3rd year (which is 1 and 1/2 years, i.e. 3 semesters)
SPM Ophthalm ENT in 4th yr
and Med Surgery Paeds and Gynaec&Obs in 5th year.
then
internship..
our clinics start in the 2nd yr itself.. though we dont appear for exams of those subjects..

so which YEAR are u in???

xoxo, nadia said...

I am in second year.

The first 3 years are preclinical years and the final 3 are clinical years.

First 2 years, we learn about what is normal in the body and then 3rd year, we start all the pathology stuff and what can go wrong etc...

Lucky you, only a 5 years course. You gona be Dr. Almas soon....MashaAllah (: