I need a wardrobe makeover. I mean, I don't have to throw away anything...I just need to get something to put on over my clothes.
I hope my abaya arrives.
I've always been a hijabi...okay I exaggerate. I've been one for like 7 years now. I've got long skirts, loose fitting pants and tops that cover my bum. But I am also guilty of wearing short tshirts when I'm wearing skirts.
The skirt is loose but the problem is the tshirt. It shows off the waist.
I gained some weight and I can't fit into those tshirts anymore. They're too tight to be comfortable. Hehe...I am thinking positively about weight gain (:
Okay so my rant today is about why abayas are so expensive. I'm not talking fancy swarovski crystals studded abayas but just some plain ones with a little embroidery...They're way too expensive online and there aren't any places selling cheap abayas where I am staying.
An abaya is a necessity in a hijabi's wardrobe. Why they gotta be so pricey HUH?!
Wardrobe Malfunction #1
Last week, 4 times in the same day, the wind blew my hijab up, covering my face and obscuring my vision. A man chuckled to himself when I finally got my hijab off my face. Highly embarrassing. Alhamdulillah I was not wearing a low cut top.
Question: How many pins does it take to secure your hijab to your top such that it doesn't behave crazily when the wind blows?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
no pins for me bro/sis :) im tad cool
I always use needle pins in the past. So I needed 10! I don't really like safety pins much for hijab. Hopefully you need less sister~
No abaya is ugly because they are all cut from Allah's cloth, but gosh there are some that areplain jane, no bedazzling for like $50. And they fall apart so easily. And they are SO hard to care for. Arghhhhh! Hopefully your country is better about this!
Love you sweet siser xoxoxoxo
Asha: I don't know how you do it. I mean I use like 2-3 pins and there is still that huge flap that goes wild when the wind blows!
Lisa: I use brooches for my square hijabs and needle pins if its a long shawl. I like the way the turkish women wear their hijabs, tucked into their coats/tops but then again, some people would argue that they are not covering their chests.
But I have also seen people wearing hijabs with their abayas and their chest isnt covered. The argument is that the abaya is loose and therefore its acceptable as the chest is not accentuated.
$50 abayas fall apart so easily?! Yikes. $50 is quite a lot of money.
I don't fit into a lot of maxi dresses/ abayas/ jeans/ pants etc because I am too short! I end up having to send them to a tailor to get them shortened because there's just way too much material left over for me to simply hem it up.
I need to a) Grow taller b) Lose weight c) Tailor my own abayas
Post a Comment