Thursday, April 9, 2009

For the woman who has everything...

What do you get her?

Mom is turning the big 5-0 soon and I have no idea what to give her. She says to save the money and not buy her anything expensive. Then I jokingly say "alright, I'll save and not buy anything". She laughs, because she knows that it's always me who remembers and goes out shopping, wraps the presents and bugs my brothers to write on the card. I would say that 3 out of my 4 brothers couldn't care less what I got for my mom...as long as their name's on the card and I did all the work. Lol, boys...they don't know anything about the Joy of Giving. Haha, I kid.

I will actually be home for her birthday. I have to make it good.

Preiviously she has received clothes, handbags, perfumes, jewelry, make up, hijabs, shoes, watches.

Now I've run out of ideas.

Although I do know what the perfect gift would be: A ticket to retirement.

2 comments:

Malekat_el7oriya said...

"Then I jokingly say "alright, I'll save and not buy anything". She laughs, because she knows that it's always me who remembers and goes out shopping, wraps the presents and bugs my brothers to write on the card." omg I thought i was the only one like that!!! lol, but for a gift, I'm not really sure, but maybe make her something like decorate a bag and put a new quran or a cool prayer rug in it. Or maybe get a basket and put in things she loves in it. Or what about making her a scrap book with her pictures and memorable things she's done? I don't know.lol. Or a ticket to retirement :P lol. Well I'm sure she'll have a great birthday no matter what! And wish her a special happy birthday from me :P

xoxo, nadia said...

OH Thanks for the ideas!! I'm thinking about the scrapbook now...and the basket with small things that she loves and I could put a small Quran in there too.
Wow, excellent, I'll talk it over with my ONE brother who cares about gifts.

Looks like we are similar in several things. cool huh.