Assalam alaykum.
Today I went to the airport to pick up mom, dad and 2 brothers. While waiting for them to clear customs, I drank a thick frothy milkshake and ate a delicious muffin. I'm still thinking about how awesome they were right now.
Then we drove to the house that they're staying at and then we went out for dinner where a meal cost AUD20 a plate. Good food comes with a price. Actually no, scratch that. The milkshake and the muffin beat the AUD20 plate of biryani hands down. Biryani, you are so over rated :b
I got some groceries for my house and then they sent me home. I was having a headache the whole time, so after I showered I took a nap. BUT, I had to get up because my friends came home and they didn't have a key. They were talking in the backyard so I could hear them but I secretly wished that they disappeared (I am mean that way). They got smart though and called out my name...that was when I realised I should probably stop pretending that I couldn't hear them and open the door instead.
Here I am, sleepless again. You disappoint me, you know that? It's like running the race of your life just to realise that the big finish, the big prize is a crappy rusty medal from 1956.
I want another milkshake and muffin combo. Who's with me?
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
awww hahah :P you poor thing! see now you got me in the mood for milkshakes and muffins darn...and of course they win hands down, biryani is not food from heaven like muffins :P
Wow I am really hungry after reading this :P Wish there were muffins around the house!
Never had that combo but it sounds good!
Mmmmmm! I had a Vanilla one yesterday. You always make me eat the fattiest things, dammit woman!
@ Malekat: YES milkshakes and muffins are the bestest ever. YUMMMM biryani doesnt melt in your mouth like the chocolate chips in the chocolate muffin. (:
@ cairo, lusaka, amsterdam: I wish there were muffins round my house too. Time to head over to DOME round the corner to grab myself another muffin.
@ SirAdib.com: I never had this combo til yesterday and now I will have this combo always and forever when I go to DOME. haha
@ ellen: LOL you're blaming me!! It's not my fault muffins are one of the bestest things ever created by man. I had a muffin at DOME. DOME is awesome. (:
Awesome! I know a great one - how about after biryani, a desert of muffins and milkshake! The best of both worlds (though your stomach will be ready to explode!) :D
Oh gosh it's hard to get any sleep here too! Husband comes home early everyday now, Youssef is off for summer. The combo sounds yummy, maybe you can get another one when they leave again on the plane :) Oh sister, I was glad to hear your news about the family being there, and hope it is fun for all of you. Love you!
Ah, I keep forgetting it's summer over there. Does Youssef come up with strategies to stay up past his bedtime? (:
Another milkshake and muffin combo? Hmm, my mother told me im fatTER now so don't think I can afford the calories ):
I've got too many things in my head to have proper fun but inshaAllah I will be home soon in 15 days, that's when the real fun begins (ie. days spent doing absolutely nothing).
:) :) :) :) how many times have i told you 'i dont know' ? ?
:) :) :) well, i repeat. . . 'i dont know'what are muffins :) :) :) so i possibly cant comment on the combo . . . . :) lolz . . .
but well, milkshakes are gr8. . . All flavours :)
and well, my dearest one. . . The medal is the 'moment'. . . Treasure it :) love you. . .
btw. . . Howz examz goin?
mine are not goin too well . . alhamdulillah :( tc.
Salaams,
I agree about the biryani...it can be VERY overrated at times as compared to other Desi food...and there's nothing like a bad biryani to put you off food for a while! I'll take the milkshake & muffin, thanks...:)
@ Almas: Muffins are like cupcakes except without the icing sugar on the top! Try them Girl!!
My exams have not officially started. They will in a week's time. InshaAllah both of us will ace our exams!! Make lotsa dua and now I shall go back to reading my notes ):
Take careee
@ noorsjourney: Waalaykum Assalam. I've tasted some fantastic biryani and I've tasted some bad ones. The bad ones do put you off food for awhile!! I agree(:
Alrightey, here have a milkshake and muffin. You choose the flavor haha!
Post a Comment