Friday, May 15, 2009

Foto Friday

Because I am bored ): Because I don't want to read about urine production anymore. Because I want to show you what crappy photos I take when my digital camera forgot its own charger in a different continent.

So, for my first Foto Friday, y'all get to see what a potentially amazing cook I am and how I am totally ready to be a part time housewife/ part time doctor :b

The awesomeness that is my cheesecake! (: The crust is soo thick, because that's the way my housemate likes it. The top is soft because my freezer has no space for a cheesecake. All in all, I think its alright. First time making it on my own without a brother to boss around and do all the hard manual labour for me.

This recipe is different because I've had to make a cheesecake without GELATINE. The asian shop near my house does not stock up on halal gelatine *shakes fists at them. I think that also partly contributes to the softness of the cheesecake. Next time, Im going to make an oreo cheesecake. Ive got tons of digestive biscuits leftover. Enough to make crusts for 3 cheesecakes. I hate shopping for groceries. I either buy too much or too little.

Mmm, whatever. I only uploaded this photo so that I can show them to my family when we Skype later.

12 comments:

Nur Amirah said...

I'm craving for some now.... Hahaha... Which university are you studying at now? I'm interested in medicine. I'm obviously not gonna get into NUS so I'm wondering where to study? And the cost? Etc... I've searched m'sia and india. But I dunno if they're accredited...

xoxo, nadia said...

(: Come on over, you can have as much cheesecake as you want!

I am studying at UWA. Australia is deffo a good choice if you want somewhere near and affordable. Malaysia is accredited but not all universities.

India is kinda far away, dont you think? And I did research India a long time ago and you have to be able to speak their language. Lessons in the university are in English but you have to consider hospital attachments and patient visits...definitely requires a grasp of Tamil/Hindi/Urdu etc.

xoxo, nadia said...

By the way, I figured you might find this link useful...

http://www.smc.gov.sg/html/1153709442948.html

it contains a list various universities around the world where you can earn a medical degree and have it registered in singapore.

i dont know if this is the latest version though.

Malekat_el7oriya said...

wow! that looks DELICIOUS!!!

ellen557 said...

Oh my gosh *drools*

xoxo, nadia said...

Malekat: Hahahah looks can be deceiving but in this case, looks did not deceive you. :b Go make one too!!

xoxo, nadia said...

Ellen: I've got half a cheesecake left. Fly down to Perth (:

Nur Amirah said...

Thanks for the info.... I'll check aussie unis then. =)

ellen557 said...

Hahah! I seriously went out after I saw this, sat down at a coffee shop and ordered a snickers cheesecake so I did the next best thing ;)

My fat tummy hates you!

xoxo, nadia said...

LOL WOW a SNICKERS cheesecake??

I've never heard of that before. It sounds soooo rich. I need some of that.

My fat tummy hates me too ):


Now you got me thinking about making my next cheesecake...oreo cheesecake sounds too plain compared to snickers cheesecake ):

ellen557 said...

My goooosh you do NOT need it. I thought it looked harmless, but the waitress brought it with a massive scoop of icecream, strawberries and all this syrup everywhere. This in on top of the slice of cake which I thought would be an innocent cheesecake with a dash of chocolate but no! There was chocolate everywhere! I ate it in the afternoon and basically couldn't have dinner because of it.


That being said... I would recommend it ;)

xoxo, nadia said...

OH....thanks for describing it to me. now i really want a slice of that yummy goodness.
cheesecake with icecream is really interesting.

kinda sounds like the waitress thought she was serving you waffles, with syrup and icecream.

ohhhhh now i want waffles.

too many cravings, too little time, not enough money. haha