Sunday, May 10, 2009

Miracles in the Quran: Pain receptors

"Those who reject our signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire; as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the Penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise." [Al-Qur’an 4:56]

Not too long ago, it was thought that the sense of pain was solely dependent on the brain. However, recent science research has shown that there are pain receptors present in the skin. If these pain receptors were damaged, but the brain is still functioning, the person would still not be able to sense the pain.


6 comments:

Yasemin said...

I love that. I definitely believe in it too, because I was hit by a car and felt no pain at first. Mashallah it makes death seem so easy sweetie. I hope you are well and love you always!

xoxo, nadia said...

Oh! Hit by a car?? I am so glad you are alright now.

I love you too.

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

i came to know bout the sense receptors in the Qur'an quite late in my life... i was most amazed wen i first heard it..
feels beautiful :) isnt it?
we read a book daily that is ACTUALLY the word of God :)

xoxo, nadia said...

Exactly. I didnt quite realise that the Quran has science in it too. I was always thinking that Science and Religion are 2 separate entities. But the science/ signs in the Quran are miracles indeed.

Malekat_el7oriya said...

wow! that's so cool how the ayahs in the quran align with the scientific research!

xoxo, nadia said...

Exactly. Science and signs in the Quran. Its amazing.