Tuesday, May 26, 2009

BOYS <3

It seems like I have caused an uproar over the post about Words. I made the boys sad ):

Do you know, while growing up, I always wished I was a boy? I grew up with four boys and for awhile, I was denying the fact that I was turning into a lady. A cashier at the bookstore told my mom she was lucky to have 4 sons when my mom had brought my 3 younger brothers and I to get some books. My mom was perplexed as to how this lady knew that mom had 4 sons as only 3 were with her and her eldest son was at home. Then the cashier did a double take at me.

She thought I was a boy. My hair was short and I looked like a carbon copy of brother #2.

When I was still young, and didn't appreciate being a female, I told mom several times about my desire to have been born a male. I had several reasons and as the years passed, the reasons increased in number.

#1.My brothers always had the coolest toys.

I was stuck with the doll house, which wasn't so bad because my brothers and I could crash the toy trucks and demolish the house. What I couldn't accept was the fact that my aunts, unfailingly, managed to give me DOLLS every single year for my birthday until I turned 10. Not just ANY doll. NO SIR, they couldn't get me any normal Barbie...they had to get me one of those baby dolls that had eyes that could blink.

Those baby dolls were possessed I tell ya! I swore one night that I saw one of them blink at me from my window. Yes, I placed them on my window...they never got onto the bed. I was terrified of them and my brothers loved to throw the dolls at me, causing me to shriek and take cover behind the sofa.

The Barbie dolls that I did get somehow managed to survive various haircuts and operations my brothers and I carried out on them.

#2. When we played DOCTOR-PATIENT, I was always the doctor because I was not allowed to pull up my shirt and be the patient while playing with my male cousins. I thought it was incredibly unfair that I was stuck with the doctor role all the time...(ironic that I am actually in medical school now).

#3. My brothers are vain and they get away with it. They dress up real nice and they look 'smart'. If I put on anything that makes me look nice, I apparently just acquired a boyfriend. My aunties have vivid imaginations.

#4. Boys have convenient clothes. Give me a pair of pants NOW. I got grounded many times for refusing to wear dresses that mom bought for me.

#5. Most males are cool, calm and collected. I have never heard a single male gush or sound very excited about something. Emotions are always kept in check.

#6. I'd give anything to have the ability to hold back my tears until I reach the safety of the closet in my room. Boys are born with that ability.

#7. I'm TIRED. Boys are nice. So now can everyone chill?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol, I'm cool. xD

xoxo, nadia said...

(: Wonderful!

Saafir said...

am also cool, Masha'Allah

xoxo, nadia said...

Excellent, Alhamd lellah

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

wow nadia... that was so well written... i think you have covered almost everything that any gal thinks... wen she wants to be a boy...

id like to add...
going out anytime... to anyplace.... without anyone accompanying you....

dont know how it is in ur place.. but well, here... it's kind of tuf... to be a 'cool' gal...

and ya... bout the clothes being comfy too...
like each time i go out, i need to change to 'covered' clothes...while the boys can simply fix their heads on their bodies and move out...


am i sounding jealous?????/

well.. that's coz i AM :D

xoxo, nadia said...

Almas! I wanted to put that too, about going out but as you can see by the time I reached #7, I was getting really tired. HAHA.

Didn't know there was someone who felt the same way (: