1) I sleep at odd hours and wake up at even more odd hours.
2) I eat one meal a day.
3) I'm gaining weight (see point above).
4) I cleaned my room a few days back and now all my books are on the floor again.
5) I can't see my bed, too many things on it.
6) I am not Saudi.
7) I am only 21, too young.
8) My friend died, killing herself and her unborn child.
9) My wardrobe is no longer color coded.
10) I have been believing without understanding. Now, the journey towards comprehension starts.
11) I need blender + electric mixer + stove + oven (last 2 coming on Wednesday, inshaAllah).
12) I got trumped by Dina, a girl from Egypt.
13) My family ignored me for MacDs.
14) I have an empty photo frame on my table. It says: Friends, through thick and thin.
Monday, May 4, 2009
Why I am ):
Labels:
abaya,
boys,
cooking,
Crazy people,
F,
Family,
food,
friends,
Hijab,
Islam,
Life,
muslim,
stereotype,
The Ideal Muslimah,
University,
wardrobe malfunction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Assalam dearie
points 1 3 4 and 5 . . Same pinch :)
2 - well thats precisely why you are gainin weight. . . Eat in a more NORMAL routine dear. . . And well, am gainin weight due to lack of exercise, and coconut oil. . And i dn know what else :( :( i look like a balloon. :D . . .
and hey. . . Sad to know bout your friend dear . . . She took two beautiful lives. . . Allah save us from evil. . . . And wait, like i have told you that i access through my cel. So i will close this page, go back to your post. . And come back and write more ;)
6. Someone told you are saudi :) :) i think it happens a lot in other countries, no? ? Mistaken identities. I have seen many bloggers say that. :O
7. Am 21 too. . . I feel too young and too old depending on circumstances :(
9. I color code only black and white, dont ask me why. . . The rest i keep based on the sleeve length, type of salwar (pants worn below tunics called kameez)etc. . . It helps me in no way :(
10. Good luck for the beautiful journey sister, :) love you for trying to comprehend things. Comprehension is a beautiful feeling. . . I am myself confused bout so many things . . . It gets so frustrating sometimes :(
11. Will you forgive me if i get jealous of you ?
12. I dont know the meaning of 'trumped' :(
13. MacDs sounds an even stranger word :o
14. Put your own pic dear one. Know what? When i go to card and gift shops, i find things with beautiful words written bout friendship and since i dont have a friend of that level. . . I give them all to myself :D "To Almas . . . from Kiran" :D . . . Both are my names :D . . . So i think put your own pic if you are findin it difficult to choose between friends or if you dont love someone so much as to keep his/her pic in your room. . . :)
Wasalam Almas!
I'm lacking exercise too. The only exercise I get is walking around the house and walking to Uni and back (: I eat a late lunch and I'm alright til about 11pm and then I get hungry again. I try my best to sleep, despite the hunger Lol.
When I heard about how she took her life away, with her unborn child, I asked Allah why didn't He save the baby? But then, I wonder what the baby's life will be like with no mother and a father who practically caused the death of the mother and refuses to acknowledge the baby as his son. I am sure life would not have been easy for him and Allah knows best. She is not muslim and I dont know if I should say, may she rest in peace or may Allah bless her soul. I dont know whats appropriate.
No, someone didnt mistake me for a Saudi. LOL, never!!! I dont look like one. The reason why I put that is because I wish I was Saudi, and for a very good reason too.
Being 21...as above. I want to be older for a very good reason.
I hate it when the teenagers come up to me and say Salam and kiss my hand as a form of respect. I pull my hand away LOL because it makes me feel TOO OLD. But I've been told I could pass off as 16. A lady thought I was 12. I still get away with student discounts in Singapore, even though Uni students dont get those discounts anymore.
I used to have my wardrobe color coded and in progressing colors too like White, Beige, Orange, Pink, Red, Purple, Blue etc. Now, it's just one big mess! Lol. I have one salwar kameez!! I think it is one though. Its reddish and bluish..hmm like 2 toned? COOL they are so pretty. I want more of them. They are modest and gorgeous and still gives me the freedom of wearing pants.
I felt confused about why all of a sudden I have so many questions, but in a way it is sort of a wake up call. I do things in auto mode, doing without understanding and my heart's just not into it. But I was told that I am allowed to question so I can understand. I really want to understand so much but I dont know if I am crossing the line? I want to just shoot questions at someone and for him to give me answers. Reading off the internet doesn't satisfy my need for answers because I have no idea who is behind those websites.
Why are you jealous?? Do you get to cook in hostel? I don't really know how to cook. I only want a blender to make chilli paste and an electric mixer so I can start baking. But first, the stove and oven have to arrive! LOL
Trumped...sort of like beaten? I got trumped by Dina, meaning Dina beat me to the spot I wanted or something like that.
MacDs = MACDONALDS (: are they halal over there? I am missing halal fast food.
Almas you are SO CUTE. I only have one name though... To Nadia...From Nadia hahahahahha. Sure I have friends but I dont know which one I want to look at everyday and have their picture sitting on my table. (: I need to go take photos of myself (: pretty ones oh but wait, my camera has no charger.
Hehe, yay you addressed every single one of my points. Wonderful XOXO I get sad when noone comments.
I read about your labour room experience. I can't wait for mine (: I hope I don't feel woozy at the sight of blood though. The last time I saw so much blood, I was in the renal ward of a hospital and people were having dialysis. I was okay at first but then I kept looking at the dark red blood flowing in the tubes and I started feeling sick. Then I saw an old man with a tube coming out from his throat for dialysis and I just broke down. I walked away and our supervisor gave me a drink and told me to sit. I felt so embarrassed. I told some people and they criticised me and said HOW can you be a doctor if seeing things like that cause you to break down??!!
In my defense, it was my first time and that man was just so old. My heart broke at the sight of him sitting in that chair having his dialysis. Doctors have feelings too, I just need to control mine.
I almost have the same similar things happening to my life...I sleep around 12am to wake up for Fajr around 4:45a and of course am younger than you and also not Saudi but all Muslims are Arabs if they speak Arabic....My room, well it is nowadays a maze full of my clothes and books
Masha'Allah
Ouch thats early for Fajr! Do you go back to sleep afterwards?
NOOOOO dont say youre younger than me. Lol I feel old now.
Do you speak Arabic? It's cool when a non Arab speaks Arabic. Everyone's amazed. I mean, I tell arabs that I read the Quran in Arabic and theyre like WOOOOWWWWWWW until I tell them I dont understand, I need english translation and then the reaction becomes just Oh, WOW.
Lol, time for a clean up maybe? I just cleaned my room ARGH. every time i study or do some work for uni, it gets messy again.
I am 20 and I am those guys who cannot sleep after they wake up, I am taking Arabeya classes to sharpen my skills...i am really interested in the calligraphy....
I cannot keep my room clean for more than 3 days, after laundry my room somehow gets messy again
I wish I can't sleep after I wake up. I need to sign up for classes!!
After laundry, my clean clothes stay in the laundry basket for at least 3 days before they get folded and kept in my wardrobe. hehe
I am really sad about your friend. It makes me think a lot again about free will and Allah's plan. SubhanAllah I can only hope her baby is so happy now in Jannah!
Oh sis, I wouldn't blame you a bit for getting bigger, you are working so hard at school. I gained weight as a student, it's only natural. Honestly, studying takes so much out of you dear.
Eating just the one meal means your eating more at that meal I would think if your gaining weight, maybe try some mini meals.
Inshallah, do't worry about some things like that easily fill-able photo frame or your color coded wardrobe. The most important things are getting the stuff off your bed for a restful night's sleep and also getting the stove and oven to help you eat better.
I love you so much dear and let me know if I can help with anything. Being 21 is a wonderful thing, you will not wish to see 30 just yet. There are many who LOVE 21 year old friends, wives, relatives. I love you dear.
Hi Lisa, I just came back from uni!
I was sad when I first about her death, and even sadder when I heard that she was actually pregnant. But, Allah knows best and I believe in that.
I used to snack alot when I was studying but somehow that habit has changed. Most times, I don't feel like cooking and so I have one meal a day (instant meals most times). I havent been getting enough fibres and greens, for sure. Fruits are hardly in my diet ): I definitely need to improve my diet...
Yeah Lisa, I just pushed all the things off my bed and onto the carpet when I wanted to sleep (: The wardrobe and photo frames are just small issues...in fact, they arent issues at all.
Yes, although sometimes I do wish I was older, being 21 has its benefits.
Love ya Lisa...I have been checking your blog the past few days for updates but you didnt. I worried a little. Im going to check it now.
XOXO
Post a Comment