Thursday, May 21, 2009

The First of Many Wrongs

Yesterday I did to someone what others had done to me. I claimed victim when it happened to me but I don't know how in this situation I had felt that it was the right thing to do.
Truly, only a part of me felt that way and the rest of me was begging me to not go ahead with it. But I did it. I thought I was being brave by taking the first step. I was wrong.
I was just being selfish. I had made that decision purely based on my own emotions and had not considered yours.
The second after I had done it, I knew it was not, in fact, the right thing to do. I was immediately filled with a sense of regret. I tried to undo what I had done. But I think it was one second too late.
I upset you the way so many others had upset me. Call me a hypocrite for I deserve a name more foul than that. I don't know what I should do now. I tried to apologise, to right the wrong but how can I... when I, so suddenly, ripped myself away?
A moment of weakness, an instant of being thoughtless...is this reason enough?
I was afraid of how I would feel if it had happened to me again. I did not know that I would still feel the same way if I did it to you.
I am, in so many ways, a coward. I make a decision and I can't live with the consequences. But, it was wrong what I did. I'm trying to make things right, if you let me.

If you're reading this, I am sorry.