Saturday, May 16, 2009

Let's play the Waiting Game.

Tonight I played the Waiting Game. I waited for my parents, F and Y to come on Skype.

My parents usually Skype with me on Friday nights but I guess there's a first time to everything.

F just didn't come online at all today. :/

Y promised to come online today before leaving for home.

F says I am impatient.

But tonight, I won the Waiting Game. It wasn't easy...I wasted hours just staring at my notes or the laptop screen doing absolutely nothing but waiting. It's now Saturday so the wait is officially over. I won dear friends, I won.

See me jumping up and down, full of joy, celebrating my triumph. It's true I am impatient but when you're worth it, I can wait a lifetime.

8 comments:

Malekat_el7oriya said...

awwwwwww yay! i'm so proud of you! so so so proud of you :)
waiting is not something i am good at unfortunately :(

xoxo, nadia said...

Oh, I wait all the time. Except I am always grumpy and when the thing that I am waiting for actually arrives, I pretend to not like it and act all gloomy. :b

I make up excuses to wait too. Once,I waited more than an hour for my friends to arrive for dinner. I was soooo ready to leave but I kept saying "5 more minutes....10 more minutes".

I am weird.

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

Heyyy nads . . .
how are you dearie? ?

long time . . . :)
i haven been able to comment coz the second window doesnt open easily on my mobile, i have to keep trying like for an hour. . . And by that time the class starts. . . And i had told you rite that i have got exams. . Well it starts next week. . And i dont know anything :( so i aint turnin on my lappy nowadays. . .
newaz. . .
you remember your hijab post? ?
yes, my dear people are mean towards gals who wear hijab if they themselves dont. . . I dont have a big family so i am Alhamdulillah free from that mess, but i have read hijab stories online saying similar things. . . I think its mostly coz they feel that if they cant get to heaven easily, they shud make it difficult for others too. . . They want to make you upset, by one way or the other, so that you get frustrated and fall back in religion. . .
pray for Allah to guide you. . . And keep goin . . . :)
music is haram. . .All types. . Even that on tv. . It IS difficult, but we shud keep trying. . . I fail more than i pass :( :( please pray for me. .

waiting. . . My whole life

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

Class

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

Ya. . Have got used to waiting . . :( . . My boyfriend has taught me very well. . . :( you had read that post right, where he doesnt take my calls. . I keep waiting and waiting and waiting for his call :( and trust me, i am very bad at it . . . And when he finally calls up, i dont talk to him properly, . . . I fight, i scream. . .
now i have got so immune to it that i simply take the call, speak the routine things and keep down the phone. . .
i am fed of being the available one always. . . Always there to take others' calls. . . :(
newaz. . .
you tc dear :)

xoxo, nadia said...

Dearest Almas,

We are so similar, it's kinda scary...hehe. Oh, Im sorry about this pop up comments box...yeah i understand its going to be hard to navigate that on a mobile phone.

I dont know if my aunts are being that way ...about making it hard for me. I think they are just being jealous? Sometimes I feel like shaking them really hard and shouting STOP IT. IM NOT PERFECT.

I feel so pressured to keep up with their expectations of me ):

Lol you managed to read the music post before I took it down! (: I know that music is haram, just I dont understand how these people can tell others off for listening to music and then they themselves turn on the TV and watch movies with loads of music, sound and action (in bed and out of bed). Its annoying.

Oh gosh I hate being the available one too. It seems like people take me for granted, that I will always be waiting...and it's true. I let myself wait because Im too afraid to walk away.

I waited the whole night for them, I sent them smses telling them I am waiting. No response...not even "Hey Nadia, Im busy, wont be coming online tonight."

All the best for exams Almas...I have exams on 29th May, 11th June and 16th June. I fail more than I pass too ): Let's do well together, InshaAllah.

Rest well, study hard, I will make dua so that you do well for exams (:

Yasemin said...

I'm glad your patience paid off. Skype is so awesome, I wish I used it! Love you sweetie!

xoxo, nadia said...

(:

Skype is awesome indeed! Great quality for video calls with the family....

Hope you and Youssef are doing great.