Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Of towels and curtains

I promise that this is my last post for today.

Yesterday, Mr Atheist said I should stop wearing towels on my head and clothes that look like curtains.



15 comments:

ellen557 said...

Pffft.
Maybe he should stop wearing shorts with the Southern Cross on them and pants that show everyone his backside.

...Making a mighty generalisation there but whatever.

xoxo, nadia said...

Hehe, I happen to like your generalisation!

Saafir said...

That's rude of that person

xoxo, nadia said...

He likes saying things like these. Most times, I just ignore him.

He has also started something new... he says Allah Akbar when we end conversations.

Unknown said...

Alhamdulillah, I do wear a towel on my head.

xoxo, nadia said...

You do?

Unknown said...

Yes, its called an amamat/turban with a tail.

Asha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Asha said...

Arrghh.. anyway you should have said: At least I wear a veil on my head and not on my heart haha..

xoxo, nadia said...

@ SirAdib.com: OH, that...I think that looks very nice and is not a towel at all. My grand dad likes to wear that. His 'tail' must be of the right length each time or he will just keep undoing and typing it up again.

@ Asha: You see, I have just realised that alot of times, I speak before I think. I'm trying to change that habit and now when something upsets me, I try to walk away first and think about it before coming up with something good. Anyways, I don't think I will bother with him. I know he is just trying to get to me, to annoy me and provoke me into saying I will regret much later.

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

@ nads..
dont u bother bout these ppl gal...
go on wearing ur towel!!!!
towels rock!!! :D :D
and know wat it's goin to be 6 months since i started wearing the 'towel' on my head.. tomorrow :D
Alhamdulillah


@ Asha
"Arrghh.. anyway you should have said: At least I wear a veil on my head and not on my heart haha.."

good one :D

Unknown said...

Here's a nice song that encourages muslimahs to keep on doing the good that they do i.e wearing the hijab. I like the lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l7jRZ9c3eE

xoxo, nadia said...

@ Almas: Thanks Almas. MashaAllah girl 6 months! way to go (: keep on rocking your towel then!!

@ SirAdib.com: Thanks for sharing.

Yasemin said...

SubhanAllah just ignore him. He's probably just so angry with life Nadia. He hates that there's no jannah for him...Love you lots.

xoxo, nadia said...

Perhaps. I have no idea what his motive really is but yes, I will ignore him Lisa.

Love you loads!