Yikes, there were loud knocks on the door so I went down to check.
We don't lock our screen door so the minute I opened the door, I saw 2 guys in white shirts and black pants, holding the screen door open.
My first thought: S***, I've been discovered.
They said: Do you have 2 minutes to spare to listen to us?
My second thought: Okay, why not?
They then welcomed themselves into my home. OMYGOSH KILL ME NOW I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO TALK TO ME FROM OUTSIDE.
No, I was not going to slam the door into their faces.
They asked: Whats your name?
I said: Nadia
They said: Wow, thats a wonderful name.
They asked: Do you have any religious background at all?
I said: Yeah, Im Muslim.
They said: Excellent!
Blah blah blah, the works of Jesus Christ being carried out by a living prophet, blah blah blah, native americans, blah blah blah, im from sydney hes from arizona, blah blah blah, no i was not brainwashed...i went in search of the truth on my own (Chill, i never said u were brainwashed...defensive much?) here's a free book for you, blah blah blah, can I just say a quick prayer?
I said: Yeah, go ahead.
And then he went on to say a prayer for me. Lol, I thought they were going to pray for themselves. He said may I be blessed for letting them into my house and that I read their book.
I dont know what I should have done? Maybe I should have just said No when they asked if I had time to spare but err, my mouth works on auto mode. I didnt think.
They were real nice and polite though. No, I'm not going to read The Book Of Mormon. I have no time ): I need to read my Quran.
Do you think it would work if Muslims went on a recruiting drive like this?
ps. Where is my stove + oven? Retravision, you lied to me.
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
MORMONS
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
We'll prob get shoo-ed! Lol...I'm not sure. But I don't like this method. I hate it when it happen...
Probably...
But I say it's worth a try. (:
Although, I would be afraid to see who will open the door and whether he/she will slam it into my face.
Assalam nads
:)
have you read ange's post on MIMAM ?. She's also written bout christians on their converting ways. . . Read that if you haven yet. . .
and well :) me thinks you did the right thing in hearing out the Christians preach. . . Though allowin strangers into your house would depend upon the safety levels in your place. . . I mean, i cant say if it was safe or not. . . If you know what i mean. . .
but, bout the mormons. . . Well, you are not obliged to listen to them, obviously. . . But, still i think twas good that you did. . . Gives a good image of muslims. . I think so! Dont know bout others. . .
now, in my place, this kind of calls are not that common. . . Or maybe they are. . Newaz. . Never happened to me. . . But my mother had told me long back that a few gals had come home to talk bout Jesus and give pamphlets (i was at school). . Mummy had called them inside and given them sharbat. . and told them how even as Muslims we hold Jesus in very high regard. . . They spoke of how Beautiful Jesus was, both in their own ways . . .
so, i think next time you come across such people, YOU should start tellin how beautiful Jesus and God are. . . . And how Muhammad SAW has prophesised that Jesus would return. . . And how every Muslim awaits Jesus to come back and bring justice. . . You know what i mean?
now, again. . . I have never been in such a situation. . So i dont know if these people give you time to speak at all. . . I have only said what i THINK i would do if such a thing ever happened to me. . .
and bout islam doin it this way . . . Hmmm. . Well i know muslims hand out pamphlets and hold lectures. . . They already do that. . I dont know if they are visiting homes too. . . And ya, the problem is people might be rude to us. . . Given the love people have for islam, i think if they slam the door on our faces would be a kind gesture. . . Kinder than abusing. . . Huh! . . . Newaz. .
tc dearie
Wasalam Almas
I don't think it was very safe to have let them in though but it was in broad daylight and i left my door open after they entered...incase i needed to run out HAHA.
They didnt really give me much of a chance to speak, they were doing all the talking and I guess i wanted them out of the house ASAP.
I spoke to someone else about Muslims doing this sort of thing and he mentioned that it is actually quite inconvenient and people, most of the time, dont want to listen to you. For instance, me in this case. So I wouldnt expect anyone to actually react positively to any religion doing this sort of thing.
Yes, i'd rather the door in my face than abusive language. LOL
Post a Comment