Monday, June 29, 2009

Hurting

I tried to be what I thought you wanted. I convinced myself that this was me, that this was what I have always wanted to be. I will stop today. I don't know how else to explain the feelings I am suppressing. They are welled up in my throat.

I feel like I don't know who I am. When did I start depending on someone else to tell me how much I am worth? Right now, I feel like nothing.

All these people, they lied to me. They said all these good things about me but those praises were lies. If I am as good as they said I am, then how come you don't see it?

10 comments:

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

Assalam nads
well. . You never know what it was that you wanted to be. Maybe this was. Maybe this wasnt.
man never knows anything.
just go on living the moment. :) Allah Paak will take care of the rest.
and cheer up. :)*hugs*

CooL MuslimaH said...

Assalamualaikum Nadia..

wotsup mate??

You are a very worthy gal..though i dont know u but i know that coz of your blog posts.

NAh! girl cheer up..sometimes we feel very down..get involved in something- action is the best antidote of despair!!

i dunno wot all i have blabbed on..just want to say-

May Allah grant you abundant happiness and success in this world and the hereafter..

P.S- i ordered one more abaya today..(i;ve gone whacko).

take care sis-
~Cool Muslimah~

Sweet Escape said...

If he doesn't think you are good enough that's his loss. I know just by reading your blog that you are a great person. Never let anyone make you feel like that. Especially not a guy who seems to enjoy playing with your emotions.

*I hope we are talking about the same thing lol.

Take care!

Yasemin said...

I think it's totally normal when someone is telling you nice things to try to hold onto it. We all like to feel good about ourselves and it sounds like that was what this person offered. I am so sorry nadia. Please call me anytime. I was sad to read this. Love you and stay strong.

ellen557 said...

Exactly, it's his loss. Concentrate your efforts on yourself first because somewhere there you do know who you are and you don't depend on others. You have to get that, and your confidence, back.

Guys are attracted to you for who you are - just think of it, guys on the street that have looked at you are attracted to what they SEE but also the vibes that you give off. That's you, that's natural - spend your time on a guy that loves that about you. If a guy asks you to change who you are, run. Some guys are just not worth spending time on.

Saafir said...

Salaam Aleikum,

Hi, u did not respond, are you still up for more Brain Teasers?

xoxo, nadia said...

@ Almas: Waalaykum Assalam girl (: Thanks for always being so supportive of me.

@ Cool Muslimah: Waalaykum Assalam mate. You've gone all Aussie on me hahaha. Cute (: Are the abayas really cheap or what? You order them online?? I want some of that awesome abaya action.

@ Lela: Is it really his loss? I feel like it is my loss ): I mean, if you give up so much of yourself to get nothing in return, it's your loss right? Argh I'm just so frustrated. And...I've realised your blog is open to invited readers only! Am I invited ? (:

@ Lisa: Thanks for emailing me dearest Sister. I know, I hang onto every single opinion people have of me..good or bad. When's Disneyland adventure?

@ Ellen: You in Perth? Anyways, this guy is PERFECT I swear...I guess just not perfect for me :/ People's first impression of me is that I'm either shy or snobby. Usually snobby LOL because I don't smile at strangers..

@ Saafir: Waalaykum Assalam....HI please share more brain teasers (:

A. Alamgeer said...

My philosophy teacher used to ask us to see ourselves with our own eyes and not with the people's eyes. He never praised me whenever I thought he will and he praised me when I thought he wont. He was MashaALLAH a good teacher! ALLAH keep him happy, A'meen!

I think it's my first comment on your blog.

Saafir said...

Salaam Aleikum,


Here is one for u

In USA it caught 558 people
In UK it caught 733 people
In Canada it caught 400 people
In Kenya it caught 2 people

What is it?

xoxo, nadia said...

@ Aurangzeb: Your first comment, and I learnt something from it.

Jazak Allah Khair