Someone from the travel agency just called home to check with my mom about my elder brother who just returned from umrah yesterday. Apparently, someone from Saudi immigration had called up the travel agency, asking why my brother was still in Saudi today.
Erm, he came home yesterday? Lol.
He bought me an abaya and many awesome scarves. His friend's mom also gave me (okay, my mom) loads of henna and pretty stencils. So now I have a fantastic henna design on my hand.
The housing agent in Perth has suggested a $25 weekly increment to our rent. Apparently, it is effective IMMEDIATELY. So the rent we have previously paid is not enough and we have to cover the shortfall. This is totally rubbish. It's so much more convenient to pay rent monthly but when the agent does something like this, weekly rent sounds a whole lot cheaper. So now, we have to pay maybe an additional $75.
Also, this agent has arranged for a house inspection about 5 times previously. She never showed up. Yesterday she had the nerve to ask me if she could do a house inspection and today she asked if there would be anyone home. Yeah right lady. Last time I stayed home to wait for you and you never turned up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Eugh, that's so rude about the real estate woman!
And ahahaha, the Saudi 'authorities' are so slow with everything, don't worry about it hey. Show us all the abaya + scarves please! :D
do you have a lease or a aconract with this agent? because if you do, they cant change the price.
@ Ellen: I know, she's really irresponsible. I will get some pictures of the abaya and scarves soon (:
@ Ange: Yes we have a contract with the agent. But apparently theres a rent review clause in the lease...the agent has suggested a $25 weekly increment to the owner. And she wants us to pay for the short fall as the increment is effective immediately.
didn't they have computerized system to check about your brother departure? lol, how can they be so slow?
and... me too would like to see the abayas & all the goodies that you get from Makkah.
am not going to comment about the house rent, just hope that she'll turn up this time.
Ugh! Is this the same place where you had to wait forever for a decent stove. So sorry sister, I can only imagine! Love you lots.
Assalamualaikum sister..
hey! i bought an abaya yesterday from a sale and ordered another too..its beautiful..
and man! the abayas they had in those souq were soooo flashy..i wanted to take pix of them and post em on my blog but i felt it was not respectable to take pix in a shop..hehe
i love hijabs..and more than that i love trying them on and then checking myself in the mirror..teehee.
take care
~Cool Muslimah~
@ kakchik: I have no idea how they missed the fact that he already left the country. We sent the passport to the travel agency just now for them to photocopy the stamps in it.
@ Lisa: Yea, same place...the agent is really not doing a good job. Lol...love ya too.
@ Cool Muslimah: Waalaykum Assalam. MashaAllah, I would love to see the abayas that you got. I like to look at flashy ones but I told my brother to get me a plain one that I could wear everyday (: I like to see the different ways people wear hijab...I only wear hijab in 2 ways LOL
Post a Comment