Fever, Cough, Headache, Nauseous --> Ultimate combo
I feel sick..the lady who took my temperature at the masjid almost didn't let me in because of the H1N1 flu going around. However, she changed her mind because my temperature dropped by 0.6degree Celsius when she took it a second time.
I almost wished she had refused me entry because I had to sit through 3 hours of activities that shouldn't be held in a masjid.
Also, when I walked into the masjid, all the ladies looked me up, down and around (lol). Checking out my dress (brandless), my jeans (Target, yo), toe socks, hijab and absence of bling.
Oh, and another weird thing. They had the ladies sitting infront. I mean, forget about all that equality/feminist thing... I actually prefer sitting behind the men.
Ok, here's a brain teaser...
In a crowded room, where can everyone else sit that you can't?
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Sick Sundays
Labels:
abaya,
boys,
Crazy people,
Family,
Hijab,
sarcasm,
The Ideal Muslimah,
wardrobe malfunction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Salaam Aleikum,
What does "Waiting for FIRO" mean?
I prefer sitting in-front of the ladies not that am any ounce a chauvinist or anything...but men have a tendency to scan everything to the last detail with those vulture eyes, lol
Jazaka'Allah Khair
Alaykum Assalam Saafir,
Waiting for Firo means exactly that...Yes, I am being vague on purpose (: I thought nobody noticed that.
You know, women have vulture eyes too :/ Women stare at men and other women.
Do men stare at other men?
Our vulture eyes that stare at woman get us a lot more distracted. This is where imagination takes place(details unnecessary here).
As for the teaser, I can't seem to guess the answer as it sounds too general. >.<
If a man is staring at a man, probably he is intrigued by how that man has a long beard
Men STARE-EYE but to be more frank, men STARE-EYE at women more than they would stare at fellow men,
***why would a man stare at a man's beard or car when he could stare-eye at a woman?
It's not the same as when women stare, men cannot fight their urges like women can, 'men are weak'---- if you know what i mean
Recall Musa(عليه السلام)told Safura daughter of Prophet Shu'aib(عليه السلام) to walk behind him so that Musa(عليه السلام) could lower his gaze....Alhamdullillah
Since it is crowded...That is where everyone is seated but you cannot sit where everyone is seated, it's the floor
Did i get it right?
And what is Aidanism? I've been wondering about that forever :)
So weird that women are upfront now. Very odd.
Also, I never knew masjids could take temperatures like this! Ugh. Why can't you just go in sick if you want like here in the States?? Love you, hope you feel better habibty.
Lisa am surprised you did not figure that out...Nadia if am wrong pliz Insha'Allah correct me....
Her name is Nadia and Aidan is just the mirror reflection of her name and the suffix -ism added to her mirror name now becomes shared thoughts, experiences, and ideas
Insha'Allah i got it right, did I Nadia?
What does "Waiting for FIRO" mean?
or is it Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation (FIRO)?
@ Saafir: You're thinking too hard. Hehe (:
ps. Your lap.
@ Lisa: Well, usually there isnt any temperature taking but with the recent outbreak of the swine influenza, many public areas have taken extra precautions to limit the spread of the flu.
Women just happened to be upfront because it was a prize presentation ceremony and dads arent much of supporters. They only come forward when it's their kid's turn to receive the award and they need to be infront to snap a photo.
Aidanism is like what Saafir explained.
@ Saafir: Aidanism also has another meaning and I'm guessing you'd figure it out too but you need to know my full name for that haha (:
You're smart!
Did you come up with the Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation thing yourself? It made me laugh (:
FIRO is a person. Are you satisfied with my answer now Saafir? :b
hahahahahaha....Jazaka'Allah Khair
I feel like an idiot :) I was thinking all this time that Aidanism was some sort of weird all-girls online forum in Australia :)
Post a Comment