Today someone called me Nado and I felt so repelled by it. I was thinking that he had absolutely NO RIGHT to call me that.
No one else had ever called me that except one person. But seriously, NOW, NO ONE calls me that and I don't want anyone else to.
I was thinking of changing my name because every Nadia I know, knows another Nadia. My friend asked if I had a 2nd name and I said no. He was making a contact list...He already had a Nadia on that list so I suggested that he included my surname as well but wait, he already has that too.
My brother says I have a bus port name. The kind where you're in the middle of a crowded bus port and you shout "Nadia!" and ten million girls turn to look at you because you just called them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Pfft.
I've only met two in my whole life (woohoo).
Agreed re nicknames though. I hate it when people call me Ellie... you know those people at Gloria Jeans? They always call me Ellie, eugh.
I have a big angry face on now hehe!
Lol, people who are special to me are allowed to call me nicknames... Yes I hate how baristas at Gloria Jeans/Starbucks etc scribble your name on the cup and conveniently shorten your name any way they want it.
I hate being called Nad but I've gotten tired of correcting people so now I just let it pass and silently add '-ia'...
Nado is special though :b
I loled at the last line there.
Before I knew your name was Nadia, I thought it was Aida from looking at your blog URL.
@ Adib: Teeheehee! Once, my friend suggested that I just be unique and add a silent letter to my name instead of the usual tweaks in spelling 'nadia'
There was Xnadia, Tnadia, Znadia...and then I just stopped because it looked dumb and I can just imagine people trying to say my name LOL
i met on girl with the same first name and last name as me. it freaked me out. she also went to my school.. two grades lower than me
@ Ange: It's really weird isn't it?! If the 'Nadia' that I know has a second name, I will always call her by the other name. I can't stand calling someone else by my name...
It's just...awkward.
"My brother says I have a bus port name. The kind where you're in the middle of a crowded bus port and you shout "Nadia!" and ten million girls turn to look at you because you just called them"
=>hahaha..
Post a Comment