As most of you know, my family is here visiting me. Yesterday, my dad decided to bring us on a shopping trip to Westfield Carousel, which is a huge shopping centre located not far from where I live.
We entered the carpark and it was FULL with many cars still looking for lots. Late night shopping in the suburbs. I'm FOR shops opening past 5pm. But they did a recent vote/referendum (?) and most people didn't like that idea.
Anyways, like always, the girls and boys split up. I went with my mom and my 2 brothers with dad. I bought an awesome coat and all was still OK when the girls bumped into the boys in MYER. Then, mom and I headed to Target. I was queuing up at the Cashier's when I saw dad walking into Target, followed a few seconds later by my brothers. They caught up with him and exchanged a few words. I could see my brothers were distressed and my dad looked pissed. Then they walked OUT of Target.
After paying for stuff, I told mom about what happened. We left and I tried to call my brothers but there was no answer. Finally we saw the boys talking to a security guard. The security personnel were milling around Carousel, I saw plenty of them. They were all smartly dressed in their black suits and little earpieces stuck in their ear,looking all professional. I managed to get the story out of my brothers. I'll be referring to them as brother #2 and brother #4. OK?
Brother #2 decided that he wanted to look around at other shops instead of following dad to Target, so he asked brother #4 to tag along. They walked past a group of 6 big blonde beefy boys/men and 1 brunette kid/teen. They were all wearing hoodies and trucker caps, with multiple piercings. The lil kid had 3 piercings under his lower lip.
This was when brother #2 felt a sharp jab in his stomach. The kid had elbowed my brother straight in the stomach, for absolutely no reason. Brother #2 turned to look at the group properly and this was when the group changed direction and started to follow my brothers.
My brothers made the mistake of entering an empty Vodafone shop, allowing themselves to be cornered by the group. The group pushed brother #2 around until he fell to the ground, completely ignoring brother #4. Then, the beefy guys surrounded brother #2 and the kid took a swing at my brother's face. This was when brother #4 intervened, acting on impulse, and tried to grab the kid's arm.
The kid changed targets and moved on to brother #4, punching him on his cheek. Brother #2 was still struggling to get out from being surrounded by the beefy guys. The kid raised his arm again to punch brother #4 another time, but one of the beefy guys stopped him.
The kid went back to brother #2 and punched him on the nose. The group then nonchalantly walked out of Vodafone. There was a security camera that could have captured the entire scene but maybe it's just a false camera. There were also Vodafone staff and people sitting on benches outside Vodafone. They did nothing to intervene or assist.
We passed my contact number to the security personnel and the rest of the night, we kept seeing guards stopping random boys but none of these boys were the ones who had attacked my brothers. I think, they wont ever get caught.
I'm just really pissed because it was a crowded place and none of us expected this to happen in a a shopping centre with security personnel everywhere. The rest of the night was ruined. Brother #2 was angry because brother #4 got hurt trying to intervene and he could not do anything to help while brother #4was being punched.
I've been abused many times before in Australia but they have always been verbal or visual abuse, relating to the fact that I'm Muslim. The attack on my brothers were definitely not against muslims. I watched in the news about the attack on the indian students, and hear about saudi students being beaten up and now my brothers too.
I won't generalise and say that Australia is a racist nation because it's not. I'll just say white trash need to be taught a harsh lesson.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That is lfkvnskvsdlvsd disgusting. Sometimes I really hate this country. :(
Me too. But this was a minor incident. Australia for the most part, is a really great place to live in and my brothers, despite being attacked, still want to move and live here permanently.
one word - bogans.
i never go to carousel on a thursday night. its too crowded - cant walk around there without someone walking into you.
i always end up grocery shopping in mirrabooka on thurs night, even though i live close to carousel. its not so crowded and is full of muslims. if some bogan attacked you there, then you would be sure to have about 500 muslims coming to your rescue.
Yes, I had no idea it was going to be so crowded. It was my first time there too on a thursday night. I've only been there during the day.
I'm sure if there were a few muslims, they would have helped if I was being attacked. But my brothers, in their tshirts and jeans, could not have been possibly identified as muslims by the bogans. There were many other muslims around. I don't want to incite religious tension in Perth... heh
I think the bogans were just looking for trouble, trying to make their thursday night a little more interesting.
I wished they had gotten caught. It makes me so angry that they are out there, free to repeat the attack on other unsuspecting people.
Muslim or not, we should still go out and help.
Makes my feet feel itchy to do an impossible flying kick. >.<
Lol!! Are they really impossible to do? I welcome you here to Perth to practice it on some bogans.
Post a Comment