Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Quote of the week: You're like a drug baby.

The one who makes you cry isn't worth your tears. The one who's worth your tears, would never let you cry.



Don't judge me, I am suffering from severe withdrawal symptoms from my daily drug that is he. I went cold turkey for about 24 hours but then I caved.
Now, I've prescribed myself some histology and anatomy to try and ease the withdrawal symptoms as I set forth on my 2nd attempt at getting myself off this addiction.




Worth every single tear I've ever shed. Although I'm still very sad and disappointed at how things have turned out/not turned out (?!)

18 comments:

ellen557 said...

Go and watch Twilight (he's an almost 100 yr old vampy)/Titanic (hey, at least he dies) a million times with some choccy n and then watch some angry Feminist movie.

...Then maybe study?
Am hear if you wanna vent :)

xoxo, nadia said...

Where can I watch these shows? Online? But alas, my internet is shaped to 64kbps!!

I'm a suppressed feminist...

Take me to Sydney, you know you really want to LOL.

ellen557 said...

Oh my goooood woman I will SEND them to you just so you can get over this one.

Yah, come to Sydney! Seriously. I'm going to Perth soon, come to think of it. Why don't we swap cities hahah :D

ellen557 said...

P.S. can't believe I wrote hear instead of here. :|

xoxo, nadia said...

Oh, didn't even realise the typo!!

Send, send! (: I don't really know what to do about it yknow? On the one hand, there's no future but I just cant deal with that reality at the moment.

I'm flying home on the 16th so can't join you in Sydney. When are you heading to perth? We could trade cities then (:

Malekat_el7oriya said...

aww that's so sad and sweet nadia.. :(

histology and anatomy aint gonna ease the addiction missy, seriously nadia go to some womens-only pool and take a dive. lol

Hey wanna hide in my luggage on the way to netherlands? we have some extra pounds to fill up :S

take care, luv ya!

Sweet Escape said...

I'm new to your blog so I don't really know to much about whats going on, lol. But if you have no future with him you should be strong and let him go for your own good. But I'm curious why you have no future with him? Of course that's if you want to share. Salam

xoxo, nadia said...

@ Malekat: I can't swim :b hahahah I took lessons when I was 9 but the swimming coach was mean. One day, my dad decided to visit me at the pool and I went berserk and begged him to let me quit. The sad- non swimmer- afraid of big pools of water...

A few extra pounds ey? I think that would fit my head and my arms :b Where should the rest of me go girl?

@ My Getaway: Waalaykum Assalam, Hi! Well, let's just say that I want it to work and that I do want a future with him but, he doesn't think it would work out and he has HIS reasons. I don't think he would like it very much if I shared his reasons here.

He's away on a holiday right now and I will be going back home for a holiday too so maybe, the long break would help me get through this(:

Brishti said...

Aww, i feel you. I'm kind of in the same situation =/ but my thing is like a roller coaster. it goes up and down, up and down. so as now its down, i thnk it will go up and again, but i just want it soon =[

I wish you luck =]

xoxo, nadia said...

@ Bengali Muslimah: Ohh, thanks dear! I hope yours stays up, inshaAllah.

The roller coaster ride makes me sick. I'm subscribing to yours now. Don't know how I was blogging for so long without realizing what an awesome blog you have.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear this. >.<

May Allah help you in your endeavors, inshaAllah.

xoxo, nadia said...

Thanks Adib!

ellen557 said...

Seriously, give me his last name and I can find out his entire family history LOL.

It's scary that that's actually half true. Anyway, it is really damn hard to be with a person from that country (I don't know if you want to be open about that on your blog so I'll just shut up mostly). Honestly, it is crap sometimes. That being said though, it all depends on the man. If he is a good man, you will get through those problems somewhat easily together. If he is not, then you won't.

BUT: know that if he is on a scholarship and gets married officially, there is a serious chance that they will cancel the scholarship. Maybe that's one of his reasons? <3333

xoxo, nadia said...

@ Ellen: HAHAHAHAHAHA that is scary but funny too! Well, I'm not 'with' him, technically. Right now, it is indeed up to him. He IS a good man, without a doubt just that I guess he doesn't think Im good enough...which is a sad reality that I have yet to accept.

I'm in denial ):

They will cancel his scholarship? Really? But why?! He's sooo intelligent! Some saudi person told me that if he gets married, the government will also give his wife some money to come study in Australia with him...Oh, but that's if his wife is also saudi.

And, from personal observation, I've seen quite a number of lonely saudi boys go astray. Getting married would solve part of this problem, halal-ly. Teehee!

Are you in Sydney yet? Heard it gets pretty cold up there. We're still having hot sunny days in winter.

ellen557 said...

Regardless of whether you're with him or not - you might be, you should know ;) LOL seriously, for a massive population, if you go to any city you will meet someone who knows someone you know hahah!

If he marries a Saudi then it's fine, but Mo got an email from the scholarship people saying that if they married a foreigner while on their scholarship, they'd cancel it. There is an obvious solution = don't tell them! Hehehehe. But yeeeah, if a man is married, they give him extra money each month for his wife haha.
Yah, am in Sydney! It's SOSO cold! Like, freezing! Mo and I are coming to Perth in July for a few days, I hope it is hot!!

xoxo, nadia said...

Yeah, it's so weird to have such a big population yet everyone is so interconnected.

Double standards!! What makes a Saudi girl better than a non Saudi girl? Lol :b I'm guessing its because they want the man to come back to Saudi and work instead of living abroad with his foreign wife?

Perth in July? Definitely not as cold as Sydney, might be wet though.

Argh exam tomorrow!! Take me to Sydney nowww

ellen557 said...

I'm guessing it's the "Take our women, not those women!" thingy. A lot of Saudi women also have problems marrying men from other countries too. One of Mo's aunts only just got married to a Syrian man - because she's about 30! KSA thought it was fine, because, really, who's going to marry a 30 year old?

...!!!!! Lol, so crazy. Yucky exaaaam! If I didn't fail biology in high school then I'd take it for you but I did and pretty badly at that ;)

xoxo, nadia said...

Hmm :/ complicated isn't it?

Lol, I never liked biology. Hated it like mad. Dont know how I still wanted to be a doctor!