Assalam alaykum
Do you guys believe in ghosts/spirits? I don't.
Okay, story time.
Story #1
When we first moved into the house, everything seemed fine until one night, my housemate entered the bathroom and came out because she said it smelled too strongly of perfume. She then asked my other housemate and I if we had put on perfume in the bathroom. Nope, we didn't.
Story #2
I went downstairs to the kitchen late at night to get a drink and caught a strong whiff of the fragrant spray/softener that we use for ironing clothes. That area is open so for me to have smelled it, someone must have used it recently. I went upstairs and asked which of my housemates had just religiously ironed her clothes for the next day. It wasn't either of them.
Story #3
This is where it gets a little creepy. I was alone upstairs and everywhere else was dark. My door was open and my light was on. I was reading something on the net when I heard a whisper. It was loud enough for it to seem like the person whispered directly into my ear but still, it like came from outside my door. It was a female voice and she whispered "look left" to me. I ignored this and the whisper came a second time, prompting me to take a huge breath and look RIGHT, then look left. There was nothing but I was soooooo scared. By the way, she whispered to me in my Mother Tongue which later on, became sort of a joke because we always said that Aussie 'ghosts' would greet their victims with "Hows it going mate?" or something like that.
Story #4
My housemate heard people talking outside her room. She opened the door, there was noone.
Story #5
Just happened tonight. I was in the kitchen cooking as both my housemates had returned to their rooms. I caught a glance of someone in black walking up the stairs so I thought one of my housemates came back downstairs. I shouted from the kitchen, asking which of them came down. Both said it wasn't them.
One of our friends have heard a few of these stories and she claims that her brother can 'see' these beings. He has also been asked to help get rid of them when they were causing a huge disturbance. All I see is him looking into a huge crystal ball...
I don't know how he does it but apparently he's good at it. I'm scared that this might border on shirk because I don't want to enlist someone's help without knowing what exactly he'll be doing. Besides, I'd rather not know if there really is a presence in my home.
What do you guys think about this?
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
ahhh! that's really scary nadia! 0_0
i don't like it :( *cries* it probably wasn't you guys' imagining things cuz it happened so often, but still. But about the believing in ghosts thing, aren't the jinn technically like ghosts? i don't know. ANd i don't think you should get her brother to get rid of whatever it is, because i don't think it's islamically right. But i'm not sure
well-be careful then.
Firstly, saying that we don't believe in ghosts to me is like saying that we don't believe in the Jinn. In the Qur'an it says that Jinns exist whether we like it or not. Remember that one of the pillars of faith is to believe in the Qur'an. If we don't believe in the Qur'an then can we even call ourselves Muslims?
A misconception about "spirits" is that somehow their soul leaves their bodies to haunt people that did bad to them and stuff. Actually, those spirits aren't the dead person's spirit, but in actuality it's a Jinn that took the shape of the dead person. Once you are dead, you have no connection with this world anymore and cannot communicate with anyone, you are either sleeping peacefully in your grave or suffering the punishments until the day of judgment.
The Jinn are everywhere, we just can't see them. We can get rid of Jinns that disturb us by regularly praying 5 times a day, reading Qur'an daily along with Ayatul Kursi, Surah Al Baqarah and Surah Yaseen (And no, yaseen shouldn't only be read on a thursday night). But there are cases when doing those don't give satisfactory result. Hence, its better to consult an Imam from the Masjid or an 'Alim/Ustaz to see if he can help out.
Well at first I thought your housemates were playing jokes on you. But you're sure it's not them?
About jinn, yes we know they exist, but humans aren't usually able to see or hear them. I don't know whats going on but I'm a little creeped out now,lol.
Salaam Aleikum,
Don't even dare stoop low to hiring a wannabe exorcist coz that is 100000% HARAM
Just read the Qur'an and pray as Ordered by Allah subhana wa Ta'ala and all will be great.
Don 4get to say the Adhan each time you hear those voices...evil Jinns don like to hear it
Nadia,
the Jinns are not the problem if you recite the Qur'an but I just discovered some depressing, shocking, and creepy info
try omitting the 'S' in your URL in the blogSpot and it will direct u to another kufr site
The same thing happened to my blog and the other blogs too....
Salaam habibty,
I wonder if the ghosts were simply something you might not be aware of. For instance, I have these Febreze scented oils you plug into the bathroom, and everything smells like vanilla, or Hawaiian tropics.
Is this a possibility? I'd hate to think it could be jinn, that's all. Love you lots.
Aaaahh! Mo has seen a jinn before, back in Qatif. They have an area with a lot of farms and he saw one when he was a child :( So I definitely believe you!!
This will sound really weird (and it was probably just a way to make him feel safe) but his grandfather told him that they are scared from iron (???) so he went out into the farm with an iron bar or something and then it left?
Like I said, that's probably just him trying to make Mo feel better but eeeeek. I really believe you!
@ Malekat: Hey! (: yknow what? while I was typing that entry, I was totally staring at my laptop screen and refusing to look left or right. I was sooo scared...kinda silly, but I cant help it :/
@ Adib: Hmm, are you trying to say that I am going against the Quran? To me, 'ghosts' are the kind you see on TV... so, 'ghosts' and 'jinns' are two totally different things to me. I don't know if 'jinn' can properly be translated into one english term but it's definitely not 'ghost'.
About jinns, there are good jinns and bad ones right? That's what I was taught. I'm hoping the one in my house is a good one.
We are just going to wait it out as all 3 of us are leaving the home for the winter holidays. Hopefully, when we return, everything will be alright. Thanks for your suggestions! Will definitely be reading Quran more.
@ Lela: I'm freaked out too!! Do jinns have the ability to show themselves when they want to?
My housemates are definitely not playing tricks on me..they are just as freaked out!! Haha, it's funny...we IM each other when we want to go to the toilet/kitchen so that someone else accompanies us.
@ Saafir: Wa alaykum Assalam. Are ALL exorcists haram Saafir? Apparently, what he does is just read verses from the Quran etc etc (which we can do ourselves of course) ...I don't know what other special things he does but he is definitely not praying to someone other than Allah. Thanks for letting me know about the Athan, will be doing that if i hear more voices (i hope not!!)
About blogpot.com, I read about it on someone's blog...is it happening to everyone's blogs? I mean, even those that have nothing to do with Islam? I'm going to delete the S in blog URLs that belong to my non muslim friends and see what happens. It's such a scheming devious disgusting trick. Can we file a lawsuit? :b I mean, seriously, this is like infringing on copy right or something, and trying to propagate their beliefs through OUR blog addresses.
@ Lisa: Wa alaykum Assalam. I would like to think it's one of those but unfortunately, we don't have any automatic scented sprays...besides, what about the voices we heard? When it first happened, I was really good at convincing myself that it was just my imagination...but now I can't do it anymore. I used to be able to go to the bathroom or kitchen without any one of my housemates but yesterday, I sent an IM through Skype telling my housemate "Hey, I need to go brush my teeth and take wudhu..can you open the door to your room?" Yknow, so she can hear me scream if anything happens :/
@ Ellen: Oh gosh! That must have been sooo scary to really actually see it!! Iron = placebo treatment? hehe, cute. I am sooo scared too. Alhamd lellah I'm leaving this house for a month soon!
Sorry. I meant anything paranormal that you see, that would most probably be a Jinn that can't hurt you.
Yes, there are Good and Bad Jinns. There are also Muslim Jinns and non-Muslim. But Muslim Jinns do not stay at people's homes, nor do they communicate with human's or else they'd leave the fold of Islam. We too aren't allowed to communicate with Jinns. Many scholars have said that it's haraam to do so, some say its only Makruh.
So whatever Jinn you have at home is probably nothing good. Though, all they can do is disturb us. I wouldn't count on things to be better after leaving your house to be sorta deserted temporarily because whatever space is not being occupied then the Jinn will occupy it. Just keep your salaah right, read Qur'an, etc when you get back home and inshaAllah they'll leave.
Whether asking someone to exorcise for you is good or bad depends on how he does it. RasulAllah (saw) has even exorcised some of his companions before. If the exorcist would like to use any sort of objects, make sure the exorcist doesn't use any Jinn to help in the healing or else that would be shirk.
About the BlogPot thing, I think its possible to sue them for making a domain close to blogspot's. I'm not sure but after Youtube got famous, many websites that wanted to display flash videos has "something"tube such as HalalTube (my favourite site), JewTube, etc. (An example, subdomain.domain.com) If you own a domain name, you can do whatever you want with your subdomain names. You could either let people know such and such domain doesn't exist, or you could make any of your subdomain be a mask for your index domain. I don't see that to be scary.
@ Adib: Nah, don't be sorry, we're just clearing up a misunderstanding and I wasn't hurt (:
Thanks for sharing this information. I have heard of people doing 'exorcisms' the 'right' way but you know the kinds you see on TV are always rubbish.
I don't think my housemates want to go any further with asking for someone else's help. We're all just finishing exams at the moment so we definitely would not like chaos to break out. I mean, what if 'it' doesn't work and the 'beings' just get super mad at us for trying to get rid of them in the first place?
How in the world does blogpot work anyways? You can just put 'blogpotsucks.blogpot.com' and it goes to the exact same site. There should be laws against this.
My friend told me that blogpot is an entirely different name and that its not infringing on any laws. I wouldn't worry about people going there though. The content is just too much that people would prolly look through and say "nah, I don't wanna read all that cr*p". It's too boring to read anyways. I myself don't get what their trying to prove.
And if any exorcists gets on any Jinn nerves, I doubt you three housemates would get affected at all. Only the exorcist would get it from them. :)
i have come to believe that what westerners call 'ghosts' or 'spirirts' are what muslims call jinn.
Post a Comment