Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hadeeth

Abu Hurayah (RA) said: "I heard the Prophet (SAW) say: The first person to be judged on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who was martyred. He will be brought forth and Allah will remind him of His blessings and he will recognize them.
Then he will be asked, 'What did you do with them?'.
He will say 'I fought for Your sake until I was martyred.'
Allah will say 'You have lied. You only fought so that people would say ,'He is courageous and brave,' and they did say it.'
Then He will order that he be dragged on his face and thrown into the Fire.

Then there will be a man who studied much and taught others and recited the Quran. He will be brought forth and Allah will remind of His blessings and he will recognize them.
Then he will be asked, 'What did you do with them?'
He will say 'I studied much and taught others and recited the Quran for Your sake.'
Allah will say 'You have lied. You studied so that people would say 'He is a great scholar,' and you recited the Quran so that they would say 'He is a qaari,' and they did say it.'
Then He will order that he be dragged on his face and thrown into the Fire.

Then there will be a man to whom Allah gave all types of wealth in abundance. He will be brought forth and Allah will remind him of His blessings and he will recognize them.
Then he will be asked, 'What did you do with them?'
He will say 'I have never seen any way in which You would like money to be spent for Your sake without spending it.'
Allah will say 'You have lied. You did that so people would say 'He is generous' and they did say it.'
Then He will order that he be dragged on his face and thrown into the Fire. "


'O you who believe! Cancel not your charity by reminders of your generosity or by injury- like those who spend their substance to be seen of men, but believe neither in Allah nor the Last Day. They are in parable like a hard barren rock on which is a little soil, on it falls heavy rain which leave it a bare rock. They will able to do nothing with aught they have earned. And Allah guides not those who reject faith.' Quran 2: 264

To remind someone of the charity you have given him cancels out the reward of the charity just like pouring water washes away any trace of soil on the rock. A reminder to avoid boasting and to always serve Allah alone, and not do things for the sake of others or to be seen by others

4 comments:

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

Alhamdulillah its a beautiful hadees . . :)
and not just in charity nadia. . . I think sometimes we do this in life . . In other matters i mean. . . Like we helped someone and then we go to him reminding him ki see you could do so and so only coz i had helped you. . . Its bad :(
Allah guide us all
love you :)

Saafir said...

Whenever you give out charity and the more the people know about it the more the blessings are subtracted from you.
Hi, there is a post you just deleted "Love and Such" and am really intrigued in reading it, could you please post it, Insha'Allah
Jazaka'Allah Khair

Saafir said...

Whenever you give out charity and the more the people know about it the more the blessings are subtracted from you.
Hi, there is a post you just deleted "Love and Such" and am really intrigued in reading it, could you please post it, Insha'Allah
Jazaka'Allah Khair

xoxo, nadia said...

@ Almas: This is true. Sometimes we do so without meaning to but I guess it is something we should all try to avoid. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

@ Saafir: I know! It's better to be an anonymous donor or something. Well, I guess if people know even though you didnt boast then it should be alright? For example you helped someone and the person you helped told others of your deed even though you did so sincerely and did not expect any recognition in return...
The post about Love and Such? I can't believe you actually saw that post?! Hahah I will check if I have saved it as a draft or completely deleted it.