I don't want to be 40 and still living with my parents because I was the only child who didn't get married and hence, the natural choice for my parents to live with.
I don't want to be 40 and be the doctor who's always covering shifts of other people because they took time off to be with their families/celebrate wedding anniversaries/welcoming the birth of their new baby.
I don't want to be 40 and still have my parents scold me for coming home past 11pm and pigging out on junk food.
I don't want to be 40 and still wondering where the hell I went wrong.
I am this close to giving up this lame degree. I don't see results even when I'm working hard. I am tired of hoping because hope never got me anywhere. Yes I want to be a doctor but no, I didn't sign up for all these extra emotional baggage that came along with studying abroad.
I'm 21 and I can't confidently tell you one thing that I've been proud to achieve.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I can say that am almost 21 and am proud to be a Muslim and I intend to die as one with good deeds by my side Insha'Allah and moreover I always strive to be in Jannah...Insha'Allah
So do you still have sth you are not proud of? you can borrow my reason for been proud if it's ok wit u
Feeling down is not an option Islam
Pliz follow this link:
http://islamiology.wordpress.com/2009/05/24/abu-darda-three-that-make-me-laugh-and-the-three-that-make-me-cry/
MashaAllah, good achievement there. Honestly, I can't say that I'm proud for that very same reason, but I'm currently working on it.
I want to do things only to please Allah and not the others around me. I want to be a good muslim inside and out.
It's taking more time than I expected and perhaps I could put in more effort, like reading the Quran more.
Jazak Allah Khair for sharing this and making me realise that life's not over...just yet and I still have time.
nadia i'm about to come over there and smack you on your head!! you are AMAZING! you rock without even trying to, you're funny and sophisticated. And I can only HOPE to be like you when i'm 21.
And other than that, you're muslim. That shoud give you enough reason to be happy :)
Girl, I'm proud of you!
I would say that studying abroad is a massive achievement! That and being sure in your religion.
And pffftttt... More likely that you'll be 40 with so many kids that you need two cars and a wonderful husband who takes time off HIS work to look after those children to make sure that you work whenever you wish.
If you want to be a doctor, then who cares about how crappy the degree is? Once you finish it, then that's it, university is dooone! Just think about that :D
@ Malekat: Ahhh *runs and hides away from you.
You gonna smack my hijab :b
Thanks for your sweet kind words. All that I needed to keep me going tonight. It's just past midnight now and I'm only about to start studying. Yes, I'm happy that I'm Muslim. Glad that I was lucky enough to be born Muslim. Don't know what life would be like if I wasn't...*shudders at the thought.
I'm still waiting for more posts from you and that blog idea that you had girl!
@ Ellen: Studying abroad? Well, I'm still not really comfortable with it but here I am, pushing on. Religion...I've gone through some Ups and Downs...but I'm on an upward wave at the moment InshaAllah it will continue this way.
You painted an awesome scenario now I can sleep and have happy dreams about 10 kids and a part time house husband (:
Some tell me that it's ok that I'm repeating the year because it doesn't matter if I graduate in 6 or 7 years, I'm still going to be a doctor. I don't tell many people that I'm repeating the year because people either think I'm not smart enough to be a doctor or I was just plain lazy.
4.5 more years...*breathes. I can always relate to your posts, even the ones where you talk about your husband.
Weird eh?
XOXO Girls
Who cares when you graduate, just do it ;) You know I failed Linguistics horribly so I'm starting that again next year. I'll just do some more politics for now. There must have been a reason that I failed so I'm sure there's a reason that you're repeating it.
I think repeating it shows that you're willing to go that extra step to becoming what you want to be, which to me is better than just passing everything and finishing quickly.
Anyway, me too! I always look at your posts and be like "Did she take that from my drafts that I didn't post!!" Hahhahaa.
<333
Sweetie, it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel right now, but you will. I think a lot of us are extremely impressed that your in medicine at 21. And honestly sweetie, you will so NOT be 40 and unmarried. It is so incredibly doubtful that it will go that way.
You don't even have to do medicine forever. You can become a stay-at-home mom, but believe me, medicine is a good way to find a GOOD husband. You will find someone who is also a doctor, I feel, and he will be smart, handsome, and rich! Inshallah, patience will really pay off. Don't give up this soon sweetie. Much love to you!
@ Ellen: The bad part about repeating is that Im expected to do better the 2nd time around, and Im not. Anyways, not many people graduate with an honors degree in Medicine so I think as long as noone looks at my transcripts, it'll be OK :b
Though my lecturer once told us that he brought his daughter to the hospital and when he realised the doctor attending to her was one of his ex students (who failed a year and a few units), he promptly took her to another hospital. Funny, but sure hope that doesn't happen to me. I secretly hacked into your account and took all your drafts teeheehee!
@ Lisa: Thanks for the encouraging words. I do want to be a SAHM in the future, but not right now. Good husband, doctor, smart, handsome, rich...WOW. Ok, let's hope that becomes reality.
I'm not giving up (yet), but I do think I'm going to give up the current dream person...it's just not going the way I want it to. Someone else deserves me more (LOL). Love ya too.
Post a Comment