So I just realised that my title in the previous blog entry had nothing to do with what I actually blogged about.
Well, this was what I wanted to say before I ran out of time. Just because I can say sentences like 'anta majnun jiddan' and 'anta ahbal' and 'ana thakiah' and other random words like 'dajajah' does not mean that I am fluent in arabic. LOL too funny.
Anyways, today will be attempt 3 at Abaya in Uni. The first time I wore it, a classmate said "Woah, impressive...is that actually a gown?!" I didn't feel like explaining so I said Yes. (:
You know what I hate about windy days? It blows your abaya INTO you, outlining every single err,...curve you have on you. Regardless of how loose your abaya is, the wind's gona do that. I bet I look like a complete idiot, trying to pull my abaya off me Lol. What would you do?
here is another observation about abaya: when I am wearing my shades, people stare more. why? is it because i am more mysterious (??!!) because they can only see my nose and mouth?
Friday, July 31, 2009
Abaya Attempt 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
wear one of those silky/satin camisoles under it. when the wind blows, your abaya will just glide against it - no bumps or shapes will be seen.
thanks for the tip Ange. I will start looking for camisoles.
yes, agree with ange. i do the same thing.
About the shades, people stare more because they've been wondering if you've been staring at them from the sides.
@ kakchik: is it just those skirt satin slips? what if im wearing an abaya that has an open front? i would need to wear pants and how can i wear the camisole at the same time? confused >__<
@ Adib: really? lol i never knew but im gona keep wearing my shades because i dont want to get cataracts early ):
I think if you're wearing one with an open thingy then you'd just wear a skirt or whatever underneath it. Hm.
And you can buy the skirt satiny slippy thingy (yeah my vocabulary is greeeat) at k-mart or something. You can get one like a dress (bit grandma though) or you can get them like a skirt ^_^
@ ellen: oh yes, i completely forgot about skirts because usually i wear leggings/stockings/pants under my abaya.
i am imagining a grandma in a satin slip. help, get this image outta my head.
Post a Comment