Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I love the rain but its getting too much.

So, it's been raining pretty much every single day. The bottom of my pants get soaked so I have to change every time I want to pray. Add that to the fact that I have no dryer and..well you get a whole load of dirty clothes.

BUT, my best friend is AWESOMEEEE and lets me use the dryer over there (:

Plane ride was terrible. I sat next to a hunky aussie teenager who thought that I also wanted to listen to his music at 3 in the freaking morning. I didn't get ANY sleep and the food sucked. I've been getting really paranoid lately and now I step off the plane with various aches/stabbing pains in my limbs. DVT anyone?

I havent cooked anything since I came back to Perth, been eating out practically every day ): I dont have much space in the freezer to store any food anyways. I havent even unpacked. Can you believe it? I am clearly not in the right frame of mind. I'm not ready for Uni to start yet. My best friend said "You are so confused" and I said " YES, I am not"....Brilliant ey?

Uni started formally yesterday, with a lab which is crazy. People don't have tutorials til the 2nd week of Uni and we have a 2 hour lab on the first day of the first week of Uni? My name is nowhere to be found on any of the student lists. Great, I am NON existent. The units don't appear in my student account and right now I am living on favours, asking friends to print notes for me because I dont have access to them.

I have to see the Professor later. Oh I just came back from his 8am lecture and needless to say, there will be no skipping of lectures this semester. He has Blue Squares of Death...the squares hides a student's photo and name [OMG my student ID photo ): ] and when he reveals what's hidden under the square, the student has to answer a question. Also a way in which he notes attendance.

By the way, I don't understand his accent. Seriously...

Yesterday I saw him and I scared him away. Funny but kinda sad.

3 comments:

Almas Kiran Shamim said...

Hey there nads .:) long long time. . . Well, welcome back to uni gal :) and dont worry. . . Happens when college starts after a break ;)
i can very well make out from the post that yes you are not confused. . . :) :) :) :)
its ok. . . Dont be hard on yourself. . . Take your time to unpack. . . And eat out until in a mood to cook. :)

good luck for the new year :) and this professor isnt aussie?. Is that y u arent able to understand him.?. Or is it just because 'you are not confused' . . .
my final year starts tomorrow inshaAllah . . . Wish me luck gal :) :)

and ya. . . Its rainin heavily here too . . . :) :) i love the rain. :) why dont you wear heels? ? I mean if i can manage heels in rain in the gr8 'indian roads' you can definitely manage heels in a developed country. . . Will keep the pant bottoms clean. . .

and i remember the tag. . . Just goin thru a tuf time. . . :( will do the tag wen i am happy happy happy inshaAllah :) dont mind please.
. . . And sorry for not dropping by more often. . . Like i told, goin thru a tuf time. :)
love always
almas :)

Brishti said...

Rain at night is the best!

Oh plane trips suck when you have an annoying sitting partner

xoxo, nadia said...

@ Almas: Thanks for your long comment (: I like reading long comments...I've just returned home from a 1 hr lecture in Uni. It's so difficult to wake up for the morning lectures.I never used to go but Im determined to be more disciplined this semester.
Yeah, the professor isn't Aussie, I understand him most times but when he gets excited telling a story or something, that accent gets too thick.

Gosh, FINAL year??!! How exciting!!! Im so happy for you and I wish you all the best (: You will do just fine Almas and graduate and be an excellent doctor MashaAllah.

I hate heels. I cant walk in them, seriously...I want to go buy a pair of boots or something... Will get that when I stop spending so much cash on eating out HAHA

Dont worry about the tag...I'm gona jump over to your blog right now (:



@ Bengali: Absolutely...then the next morning you just want to stay in bed forever. Now, if only the men outside would stop drilling holes in the road.