Saturday, August 1, 2009

help

this blog is turning into too much of a lifestyle blog. i dont know what the purpose of this blog is anymore. i used to do a mixture of both lifestyle as well as posts related to Islam but now I'm doing alot of random things.

am i losing readers?

do i separate the 2 or should i continue putting everything into 1 blog? fyi, i cant possibly maintain 2 blogs. even if i started another, i would find a way to put everything into this blog again.

my goal this week (and forever after that): to start reading the Quran daily, regardless of how much or what time of day (reading during prayer is not counted). this was a habit of mine that i stopped about 2 months ago. ):

6 comments:

ellen557 said...

I started off my blog as a cooking thing hahahaha. Ah well, guess that wasn't meant to be.
I like the random things.
I really like your funny posts (eg the hoarding one) if that helps.

And keep the one blog! I love your blog name and I think it'd be pretty hard to keep two blogs going :|

Saafir said...

i deactivated my blogs coz i could not read the Qur'an and blog in the same time....

Frankly, i miss those Islamic issue posts and some of your posts automatically avert me from commenting and reading the whole post at whole, lol

xoxo, nadia said...

@ ellen: cooking thing?? lol that's funny. maybe i could just change the layout of the blog so you can click a link for lifestyle posts and another link for Islamic posts.

@ Saafir: thanks for the frank opinion. I guess I havent been posting much on Islamic issues because I have not been reading on much. a few times i drafted some posts but i just didnt think they were good enough to be posted.

yeah, i know you wont be interested in reading posts about abaya attempts lol. it'd be weird if you were... :D

Sweet Escape said...

The same thing with me I lost some readers. But I think it's cause I change my URL and stopped being too personal? But I love your blog sis!!

Yasemin said...

I LOVE the random blogs. Faith in Writing, Ellen, you, My Getaway! Love it all. Love you and keep doing your thang missy!

xoxo, nadia said...

@ My Getaway: Yes, when you change your URL its a little hard but then, if your username is the same, don't your followers also know about the change in URL?
I cant really leave the personal out of this blog because this is the platform i come to every day to write what I feel. its definitely personal :D

@ Yasemin: I am going to try and be not so random from now on!