Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Muslim Woman

The Ideal Muslimah is someone who has good attitude and a positive outlook in life. She makes herself likeable because of her good nature, lightheartedness and sense of humour.

Did you know that our Prophet Muhammad (SAW) also had a sense of humour?

A hadith narrated by Imam Ahmad from Aishah (RA) who said "I went out with the Prophet (SAW) on a journey. At that time I was still young and was quite slender. The Prophet (SAW) told the people "Go on ahead," and they went on ahead, then he said to me, "Come, let us have a race"

So I raced with him, and I won. He let the matter rest until I had gained weight. Later, I accompanied hi on another journey. He told the people "Go on ahead," and they went on ahead. He said to me, "Come let us have a race"

So I raced with him, and he won. He began to laugh and said "This is for that" "

This clearly shows Islam's tolerance of lightheartedness and humour. So, come on girls, don't be too uptight. But having said that, always remember to lower your voices and don't laugh like a hyena. Jokes should be appropriate and should not hurt anyone's feelings.

2 comments:

Asha said...

but i want to laugh like a hyena! lol..

xoxo, nadia said...

Can..you can laugh like a hyena, but not in the presence of men?
who knows..some men are attracted to women who laugh like hyenas..

also i heard that some men like women who throw their heads back when they laugh.

weird much?