Monday, March 23, 2009

Hijabi = Avoid at all costs ??!!

This is a personal observation of mine.

Many of my christian friends are very open about their love for God and/or Jesus (+Holy spirit??). During lectures, they are always doodling on their notes writing things like...

Jesus loves me. I love Jesus. Jesus saves. WWJD.

Actually, cancel the part about them being very open about God & Holy spirit...just Jesus.

You love 1, you love them all. They are so proud of their religion.

However, we Muslims are a little different. We don't declare our love this way and hey, I think it's just fine but I know of some brothers and sisters who are ashamed/afraid to declare that they are muslims. For us hijabis, it's pretty clear and we can't deny that we are muslims.

On a separate note...

To the muslim brother in my class, I welcome discussion about the topics in tutorial. Staring at me openly is rude too if you are not even going to say Salam. You talk so openly to these girls who are wearing almost nothing yet you avoid me. Are you afraid to be associated with a hijabi?

Are you afraid that someone will make fitnah about you talking to me? I don't think that will happen. So please, if you don't want to talk to me, it's just fine but don't be hostile and don't make me feel like I don't belong... because I'm muslim, JUST LIKE YOU.

Sheesh, weirdo.

No comments: