Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bad Hair Day

If I see your hair, do I have to marry you?

Errm, where did you get THAT whacked idea from? NO you don't have to marry me. Besides, how can I force you to marry me if you saw my hair?
*grabs man by collar* "Ah! You saw my hair. You have to marry me NOW NOW NOW." *pulls man, ask him to declare shahadah and then proceed with nikah*

HELLO?! dumb, much? Haha its funny. If you see a guy you really like, rip off your hijab. He HAS to marry you then. easy huh?

Muslim women can't cut their hairrr!

Ok bro, where did you get THAT whacked idea from? I was just sharing with him some information regarding the plucking of brows and I told him that some religious scholars say it's haram while some say it's alright to neaten the brows and not to completely shave it off etc.
He got mad, for some reason because his other half plucks, and he told me off by saying that muslim women can't cut their hair (on their heads, don't get dirty thoughts now sisters). I asked if it was in the Quran or Hadith and he said it was.
Pffft. I'm 100% sure it's not but if anyone would like to make it a 110%, go ahead. Islam is a very practical religion bro. It's a way of life. I'm pretty sure it would be impractical for women to be walking around with super long hair, and having a 10kg bun on their head when they wear hijab.

all in all, it's been a pretty bad hair day.

2 comments:

Asha said...

yo bro.

ask him to quote from the quran since he is so smart. ask him if he has ever read the quran/hadith to begin with and I bet it is a no. Tell him don't talk bull.

So no bro, there is no such thing in the quran/hadith. We are just not supposed to cut it so short that we look like man.

xoxo, nadia said...

people are going to think you are gender confused if you keep calling me bro on here.

hehe.