Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Meals On Wheels

I am so behind in lectures. Right now, I'm taking a break from typing out notes. It's almost lunchtime too.
I was initially planning to cook fried rice and deep fried chicken wings (ooooh, unhealthy much) but I'm going to stick to seafood olio without the seafood. Haha

I want to buy an abayaaaaaaaaaaaa. Someone buy me one, please.



*update*
maybe olio was a bad idea. I'm having a really itchy throat right now. Why oh why? I have discovered a few expired moisturizers, oh what a waste of money! And with sunblock...it dries my skin even though its supposed to have some moisturizing effects as well. Would it be crazy to put sunblock and then moisturizer? Wait, does it matter which one goes onto your skin first? You can tell I am so bad at taking care of my face. Thank God for non pimply skin.
there is a layer of dust on all my furniture but I am too lazy to clean them at the moment. my brain seems to be very distracted and I can't concentrate on what I am reading. my plan to finish 10 lectures today may not be so successful as I have only done 1. Eeeeek!!! 9 more to go!

oh, oh oh! update about the abaya issue sisters...
Yesterday my housemates and I were talking and we ended up talking about weddings and what each of us would wear. It's cool that all 3 of us wanted to wear nice abayas... I want a white one...I dont mind a lacy trimming..ok whatever, enough dreaming.
ANYWAYS, i related the conversation to another friend of mine and she just blasted me with a "Who the heck do you think you are?? Have you lost your roots??!!"

like geez, take a chill pill sista.

I have not forgotten my roots and I still feel pretty much lost in Australia. Having said that, I think that the abaya is a loose and modest piece of dressing that completes the hijab. Besides, there are some really pretty ones out there... (that I really want *hint hint*). I should have known better than to tell this sister about wanting the abaya as she was the same one who said that only pretty girls need to wear niqab.

say WHAT??!!

so totally whacked. someone knock some sense into this misguided sister lol.

"what is your name?"
"Nadia"
"Oh, you have an arabic name!"
"Ya.. *feels miserable because I already know where this dumb conversation is heading*"
"But...you are not arab. Are you muslim?"

"Ya..."
"Oh...*looks puzzled*"

Okay, not all arabs are muslims and not all muslims are arabs. GET IT IN YOUR HEAD.

2 comments:

Asha said...

muahaha. wat is up with this people? this is like the 21st century- so many muslims from different nationalities and races.

Ask her if she was born a few centuries back.

xoxo, nadia said...

I don't know. But I don't see why this is only restricted to muslims. I mean, ive not heard of any of my christian chinese friends being asked if they were really christians coz theyre not white.

stereotypes never die.