1. If the observer of a fast does not give up false utterances and their pursuit, then God does not require him to give up his food and water.
Hadith of Al Bukhari and Muslim, on the authority of Abu Hurayrah.
2. Any man who misses a fast without a reason, such as illness, can never atone for it, even if he fasts for the rest of his life.
Hadith of At Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud, on the authority of Abu Hurayrah.
3. Anas ibn Malik said that they used to travel with the Prophet. Those who observed a fast never found fault with those who did not keep the fast. Similarly, those not observing the fast, never said anything amiss tho those who kept their fast.
Hadith of Al Bukhari
4. Partake of sahoor, for there is a blessing in it.
Hadith of Al Bukhari and Muslim, on the authority of Anas ibn Malik
I think they are all really clear hadiths but I am a little confused about 3. I need to find out whether the fast being observed was during Ramadhan and if so, who were these people not observing it?
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
salaamz sis masha'allah beautiful hadiths,and thats a tricky question let us know when u find a answer...thank you for ur sweet comment on my blog..thats great to hear about ur book,i find the childrens books are sometimes easier for me to read hehehe tc wsalaamz
Wa alaykum Assalam Skye.
I have posted something I have read regarding fasting and travelling at the same time, hopefully this will also help you understand the hadith that I posted.
I love the childrens books. Pictures, colors, bigger fonts. I am turned off by small fonts ):
Post a Comment