Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Out of touch

I just cooked some rice without rinsing the grains first and everyone who has ever cooked rice knows that you just cannot skip that step.
I am preoccupied with too many other things to focus my mind on the thing that I am currently doing.
There's the research project outline due next week, I need to call my GP and schedule my visits, notes to be printed, a birthday card to make, I have to think of something savoury to bring for tutorial next week etc
Anyways, Ramadhan is coming. Finally, something to look forward to.

Hope everyone will be able to make the most out of this month and come out of it feeling like a better muslim and gunning for your next Ramadhan.

7 comments:

ellen557 said...

Hehehe I do that more often than not >.< Ramadan mubarak!

Nur Amirah said...

Hehehe.... I didnt cook any rice last week but I had the same state of mind last week. Now it's just studying, studying and more studying.

Happy ramadhan!

xoxo, nadia said...

@ ellen557: I've been trying to comment on your blog but the word verification hates me. The image never loads :( I wanted to congratulate you on your wedding and comment about the outfit you wore to work the other day. So, CONGRATS on your marriage! It was a really cute outfit. When will we get to see the wedding dress?? Or are pictures up on your private blog? I don't think I'm a follower on that one yet :(


@ Nur Amirah: I know, sometimes you are so distracted you don't realise what you're doing until it's too late. Hope you're enjoying all that studying while fasting :)

ellen557 said...

Oooh maybe I should take the verification thingy off. Thank you! I won't put any photos up on blogger to be honest, but maybe one on the private blog with a basic outline of it, not sure. Yes, give me your email address and I'll send you an invite thingy!

ellen557 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I actually wonder what happens if we don't rinse our rice...

xoxo, nadia said...

@ ellen557: it's ok if you need the verification thing. maybe if i use a different computer,it might work.

@Adib: the rice cooks. But you know when you rinse, the water turns white and after a few rinses, the water is clear. So I don't know what exactly that's being washed off that causes the water to turn white.