Two nights ago,someone mentioned that I'd score better marks if I started conforming. He was making reference to my attire of abaya during physical examinations of patients. Gee, I didn't realise that a free flowing long dress restricted my ability to examine a patient competently. So maybe I'd start scoring 80/80 instead of the crappy 68-78 range that I've been achieving if I switched to a smart dress shirt and black pants?
Or maybe he was referring to my hijab like my old tutor who basically said I'd fail if I didt remove it while listening to patients' heart sounds? But he couldn't possibly have been talking about hijab! He's Muslim, for goodness sake.
Oh and another brother asked me why I'm always wearing the same black abaya. If you looked close enough, you'd realise they're different but I don't want you looking close enough. If you think I wear the same abaya five times a week, that's fine by me. Also, black is a personal choice because color makes me look fat.
Phew sarcasm limit reached for this week.
- iPhone blogging
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yuck :( I'm the same as you, all of my abayas are the same material but have subtle differences on the sleeves.
Stuff what everyone else thinks, abayas are lovely and I'd be happy to have a doctor that wears one!
Yes I <3 black abayas with different designs on the sleeves. They're like a secret and everyone else thinks you're wearing the same old boring one but only YOU know that you're wearing a different one that's just as beautiful.
I have nothing against colored abayas, I have quite a few myself. But black is just SO easy to match!! I wear black abayas with black hijabs lol.
Black abayas are the coolest! It's so modest to the eyes. Keep up the good work sis. Hold tightly to the sunnah and inshaAllah you'll stand a chance for jannatul firdaus, inshaAllah. :)
If that's what you feel best wearing then don't listen to anyone. I'm actually the opposite I don't feel comfortable in skirts or abayas I personally prefer pants.
Post a Comment