Thursday, October 1, 2009

Disappearing Acts

Things keep disappearing from my room. Seriously, if you're hiding my stuff, please put them back where you found them because it's not funny. I get obsessed when I can't find my things. Right now, my jaw is clenched and my left eye is twitching because I realised I haven't see my shades since the last week of Ramadhan.
Since, the devil was tied up, I can't even blame it on him! (joke, people)

Anyways, I have searched high and low, I have looked into every single drawer and checked behind every single thing, I can't find it. It's not even tiny. It's like in this bulky box. ARGH.

I'm sure nobody took it but how can I explain its sudden disappearance?

Don't know if I mentioned this before but one time when I was like 3, I went out with my grandparents to a wedding. I was wearing this gold bracelet/ring (? my memory failed me) that my grandma bought for me and it was definitely on my wrist/finger when we left the house. In the cab, grandma realised it was gone but of course I didn't get any scolding since I was like 3. Grandma was upset though.
But, the maid found it when she was sweeping under the bed back at home. Weird eh?

In primary school, whenever I got into fights with my older brother, I would always find my textbooks missing. He was clever, never hiding books that I needed on a daily basis. So, he had all the time in the world for the perfect opportunity to sneakily grab a book and hide it. When it was time to pack my bag before school, I would realise that my Social Studies textbook or my Health Education textbook was missing. I would go bat crazy and start crying.

Luckily for me, my maid is a brilliant woman and she hypothesized that books just don't go missing and I defintely didn't lose them because I am a nerd and nerds treasure their books. She further analysed the situation and looked into all possible factors, finally coming to the conclusion that my brother was the culprit behind my missing books.

We found the books ontop of my wardrobe, in my own room, underneath all the extra bedding material that is stored there.
I got my own sweet revenge when I told my parents about what my brother had done and I even had a witness.

I recently had an argument with my brother. Maybe he used his power of mean-ness and hid my shades and all the other things that have gone missing from my room.

I have an exam on Tuesday but my brain is obsessed with finding my shades. HELP

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha! Blame your brother! xD

Do you always wear those shades so much so that you feel naked without it?

Just asking. >.<

xoxo, nadia said...

Assalam alaykum Adib.

No, I don't wear them very often because I find it a chore to change from shades to my normal glasses. This is why I was horribly frustrated when I couldn't find it after I actually wanted to use it.

Anyways, I can't blame my brother because he is in a different continent and, I have found my shades.

It gave me chills the way I found it.

Going to read your blog that is finally updated. :D

Skye said...

0o0o0o brothers grrr they can be so annoying sumtimes lol u poor thing hun...

xoxo, nadia said...

@ Skye: Yeah, but thank Allah my younger brothers are not as annoying as my older brother (: