Sunday, November 29, 2009

Eid Mubarak

Assalam alaykum.

Hey everyone, Eid Mubarak.

I haven't been replying to comments and I haven't been blogging much either, which is weird considering I used to blog on a daily basis. Anyways, battling some major issues right now.

Sure could use alot more du'as.

I've been told I'm "desperate" to get married. Desperate makes it sound like marriage is not good for me, like its a bad thing and I want it so much that I don't care much about the consequences. I am not desperate to get married. I understand the consequences and the circumstances. It's not like I'm going to marry just any guy who asks. From my previous entry, I see there are a few people as well who would like to be in a marriage some time in the near future, in shaa Allaah. We are not desperate people.

Anyways, my results will be out in a few days...most probably the same day I'm getting double wisdom teeth surgery. A dentist once killed a patient while she was sedated because he hadnt realised that she was choking on her blood and debris from her teeth. You know what, I might opt to do one first, and then the other on a different day so that I can stay awake during the procedure. I would like to be able to tell the dentist to get his assistant to place the suction properly.

My parents didn't call/text today. No idea where they are. Mina? Mekkah? Absolutely no clue.

Okay, off to bed right now and good morning to you people living upside down (:

6 comments:

Sweet Escape said...

Eid Mubarak sister! I can't believe someone said that about you. InshaAllah your results will be good and your surgery will go fine.

Saafir said...

Salaam Aleikum,

just breath in and out and you'll feel more relaxed...marriage is a lot of hard work to both spouses *esp to the female counterpart

(what am saying is that) Frankly, it's ok 2 want a married life but such a life without ilm is pointless and ultimately & unfortunately leads2divorce -the most despised thing by Allah Ta'ala although it's permissible-

take the advantage of being single now and attain the knowledge required before you get settled which will surely be of (Insha'Allah) benefit to you, your spouse and future kids

Unknown said...

I can completely relate. Its fine if you can't reply to our comments just yet. We don't always have the mood for everything. :)

People around us tend to make things more stressful by limiting us in terms of marriage. Like I once asked my parents to help me look for a potential spouse, but they're like, "Adib, you're still young, you need to earn some money and help us out first." (Help them out? *confused, blurry, monkey face*)

I didn't ask them to marry me off. I asked them to give me the chance to get to know someone, a chance to learn, for a good couple of years, about who I'm going to marry and if I'm satisfied with her character I could take the next few steps like propose or get engaged.

I don't want to wait till I own a Mazda Rx-10 just so that I could begin my search. That's just lame. Lame! Parents have either forgotten what its like being us, or they've never been in our shoes.

One question if you don't mind me asking, have you gotten any proposals yet?

Saafir said...

@Adib

i think we've the same predicament...

i was having a marriage discussion with my mom and she was asserting that i'll be ready to be married around FOURTY something years

Ya'Allah

Unknown said...

SubhanAllah ya akhi. It seems like your situation is worse than me. >.<

xoxo, nadia said...

@ My Getaway: Thank you (: I did pass my exams. Anyways, I guess the person was just being frank but I wish it was phrased differently. Hope you had a good eid too.

@ Saafir: Wa alaykum Assalam. Thank you for your advice. You are right in saying that we have to be fully prepared for marriage and this involves gaining knowledge to be a good muslim spouse and parent. I know it's hard work but I feel like I'm ready.
Your mom doesn't seem to be eager with you marrying anytime soon ey? You're engaged if I remember correctly? In shaa Allaah you will be married when the time is right.

@ Adib: I totally get what you're saying and nope, no serious marriage proposals. My parents have expectations about their only future son in law. It's not going to be easy. Sometimes I wonder who the bride really is? My parents or me? :b Better start saving up for that Mazda bro.