Sunday, November 22, 2009

To be Whole

Is it wrong to want to be married at 22, when there are uncertainties in my academic future? Is it wrong to want to be a mom?

Is it wrong to feel like being married and having children would make me whole?

Yes, I have priorities. But is it wrong to put marriage and children as the top priority?


fyi, nobody is marrying me. I just feel this way.

5 comments:

ellen557 said...

No waaaay. If that's what you want right now, then that's what you want.

Sweet Escape said...

Salam sis. If that's the way you feel then no but just remember that's a HUGE step and be sure that's what you really want not just something you think will make you feel whole.

Saafir said...

Salaam Aleikum sis,

i have the same feeling and am 21....currently am broke because i have to pay off my college tuition which always renders me broke to even raise a dime for mahar

InshaAllah when am done with skool i will get married...Alhamdullillah
According to the following hadith:

Hadith - Bukhari 3:129, Narrated 'Alqama

While I was walking with 'Abdullah May Allah's peace and praise be on him he said, "We were in the company of the Prophet May Allah's peace and praise be on him and he said, 'He who can afford to marry should marry, because it will help him refrain from looking at other women, and save his private parts from committing illegal sexual relation; and he who cannot afford to marry is advised to fast, as fasting will diminish his sexual power.' "

Liliana said...

I am feeling this!
well I know I need to complete my studies and get a job for my future. well, I'm just thinking getting married and I don't think it's wrong to continue my studies as a married student.I'm afraid that I'm lead to zina.. you know..well, I hope Allah gives me the best! Getting married is a good thing but I just can't. my parents won't let me get married while I'm still studying. so, I just follow them... I hope, I can get married at age 24. InshaAllah.. may Allah protect me away from zina.. Ameen..

Shahirah Elaiza said...

I think it's completely normal... or maybe I'm just saying that because I went through this when I was 19. I wanted to get married young (while studying) and live happily ever after but things didn't work out that way. There's a reason why they don't.

Right now is the time to put yourself first. Once you're married it's just not the same anymore... you're responsible for your husband and when you have kids, them as well. Just use this time to gain as much knowledge as you can and allow yourself to grow before you know you are prepared to be someone's wife.

Also, have fun being single! It's not that bad... lol. Spend as much time with your family and do the things that you love because marriage is also about compromise and sacrifice... it's not always lovey-dovey.

InshaAllah when the time is right and you've met the right one as well... you'll just know.. =)