Thursday, September 2, 2010

Turning to Allah

I am going to see the doctor again today. The pain is unbearable. I feel miserable because all I can do is lie in bed, and even that hurts. The glands in my neck are so swollen that I've only drank some water and Ribena for the nausea. I don't want to complicate things by being dehydrated but I don't feel hungry, which is weird. I've had a small piece of bread with some meat and some biscuits since tuesday afternoon.
A friend said why am I asking people to make dua for me when I should be making them myself. I was also told I'm not Muslim for the way I was acting, crying non stop.
I have been making dua and I pray that Allah swt grants them but sometimes I just feel sad. Of course I know that Allah is Almighty and in the blink of an eye, He can change the entire universe.
I am not losing faith in Him. But it is possible to feel so alone when Im really not alone. Reading the comments left by my dear readers gives me comfort that I could not get from crying all day and all night. It gave me strength to not give up and to keep hoping.
A doctor is never always right.

- iPhone blogging

6 comments:

Jess said...

I can't believe someone would call you "unMuslim" for crying! Our emotions are natural. Of course, we should trust that Allah will not give us troubles we cannot handle and that everything is intended and known by Allah, but that doesn't make it hurt less sometimes! And, going through something so shocking takes time to accept - dua just helps us accept it, not immediately, but as we make dua...Cry if you need to, sleep if you need to, you will find strength, it just takes time.
We are with you, sister!

ellen557 said...

Cry if you need to cry, sis! We all have our own way of dealing with things. Sis, inshaAllah this is something that you will be able to accept... Ya Rabb, I pray that this will never get you down inshallah and any issues you face will quickly be resolved by Allah, subhana wa ta'ala ameen. You are right, He can change the universe and so He can support you to no end - He is the best listener, go to Him instead of that 'friend' who said those horrible things to you astagfirAllah.

Sis let me know if you need to talk about anything! I'm here for you inshallah.

WhiteOrchid said...

Sometimes you need to just cry and let it all out. Yes have faith in Allah and don't lose hope. This may just be a test from Allah to see how strong you are, but crying and feeling depressed does not mean you're not muslim!

We will remember you in our prayers

Anonymous said...

Salaam sis...
Don't let this lose your hope and positivity and don't let it get you down.

Remember no matter what anyone says, Allah SWT is THE Healer and Helper. I agree with everyone. Sometimes all we feel like and end up doing is crying. It's human. But also try to engage in reading the Qur'an when you can sit. Or recite verses from the Qur'an you know by heart when you're lying down. It will give you strength.

We're praying for you sis! And what better a month to pray than the Month of Ramadan!

Ask Allah to make this test pass away soon and that you be successful in this.

"O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient." 2.153

Unknown said...

I'd go over there to visit you (with your mehrams around of course!), but I don't know where, how or whether I'd be able to at a time like this. If you feel that these little words I right makes your day, alhamdulillah. Whether you know it or not, this post is so moving.

syibarumiz. said...

salamalaik..

hold strong on the positive perception towards Allah,that is what u r actually being tested ...

insyaallah, u can do it.
salam.