I just reached home after spending 5 miserable days in a hospital. I refused to continue my treatment at home because I'd have to go home with a cannula in me. The doctors had an awful time trying to put a cannula in me and it was painful for me. They had to put a new one in almost everyday because it'd not stay in the right position. So when the nurse took it out this morning for what I thought was the final time, I was extrmely happy. But when she came back n explained I had to have another one I refused.
The registrar came and had a chat with me and I told him my concerns abt having the cannula and he said he didn't have to listen to my excuses. I was quite pissed off at that because I had genuine concerns. I have an exam on Friday and the cannula restricted the movements of my arms.
And each time I cried out in pain, the doctors will say Oh you should know better than that.
All of them were biased against me because some idiot put in the fact that I'm a medical student in my file.
And like my diagnosis is still unknown. First it's viral, then bacterial, then viral and bacterial, then autoimmune. Nobody could give me an answer but they insisited try were right despite negative tests. So what's the point of a test if you're not going to believe the results even after u repeat the tests? And ur giving me antivirals and antibiotics for an unknown condition. How do I know I've not been getting better on my own ( with Allah's will of course ) and not because of the medication???
But the nurses were really nice and lovely and were my advocates and refused entry to Any medical students and made my file invisible on the computers so that nosy medical students wouldn't read my notes.
So I'm much better now Alhamdlellah and hoping that I made the right decision in refusing treatment inshaAllah. I may be going home to my family for eid after this health scare because there's nothin like home and family that can make you feel better.
- iPhone blogging
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Dear sis, i was actively reading your blog n saw this latest comment, i heart you for what u have to go through.Sometimes i doubt some treatments that docs put on their patients, whether it is merely a test/experiment or purely medication mean for the patient n later keep giving diff comments/reasons about the treatment. This, especially after seeing and hearing bad/terrible stuff about the clinic in my former campus that makes me scared of even getting myself treated there and always fly back to my country just to receive treatment, I'd rather got stuck n feel like dying in my hostel rather than receive treatment from that clinic. On the other hand, diff clinic/hopsital may function differently. Nonetheless, it is still Ramadhan i'm sure there is a huge wisdom behind all hurdles.God wont test you with something that you can't bear with.May God grant you strength and patience to face this.Get well soon! XD
Alhamdulillah you're feeling better now. Doctors should not act like that. You prob wanted to stab him with a needle. Lol. Selamat hari raya!
Alhamdolillah that you're feeling well :) and thats one mean doctor! Eww!
I don't know much or anything about the medical field so can't comment on your refusing treatment. Pray everything will be khair!
You're soo correct, there's nothin like home and family that can make you feel better! Alhamdolillah!
And Eid Mubarak! :D
Alhamdulillah that you are home sis! SubhanAllah, some people do just not understand how to treat others and good on you for standing up for yourself (though, like Splendid, I don't know anything about medicine so this isn't a recommendation or anything lol). Inshallah your diagnosis will be something more viral so at least inshallah it will go away!
Post a Comment