I spent the long weekend doing absolutely nothing related to Uni. I caught Blind side and 3 Idiots and read House Rules by Jodi Picoult.
Blind Side was fantastic and I really enjoyed Sandra Bullock's character, right down to her accent. Having previously read about Bullock's involvement in the movie, I was pleased with the way her character had been introduced into the movie smoothly.
3 Idiots was an absolutely touching movie and the excellent subtitles ensured that nothing was lost on the mainly non-Hindi speaking audience. Even when it rained, people just got up and stood for the remainder of the movie. Nobody wanted to miss anything. I had initial doubts as to whether I would enjoy the movie but five minutes into the movie, I knew I would want to watch it a second time. Where can I find a DVD with awesome English subtitles?
House Rules was disappointing because I figured out the ending of the book before I had even read half of it. Picoult's books are getting very predictable and somehow, reaching the last quarter of the book, it seemed like she was trying to squeeze the story into a set number of pages. I don't think I will be reading this book again.
Okay, now back to nematodes, cestodes and trematodes. Go, WORMS!
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment