Thursday, March 11, 2010

Assalam alaykum

It's been awhile. Anyways, I'm using a nifty little gadget that gives me mobile broadband until the internet in my house is connected. Lol I survived 3 weeks with little to no internet access.
University has been a little unexpected. It's tougher and more busy. I haven't cooked anything since I came back to Australia, with the exception of egg but that hardly counts as cooking, no?
My parents are happy about it because they think Imma lose some weight but I left out the part about eating out and snacking on junk.
I have a respiratory OSCE tomorrow and I hope my patient is healthy haha. I don't want to pull the short straw and actually get a sick patient for my first ever OSCE because I'm afraid I won't detect all the signs since I'm new at this. My exam is from 0800 to 0808, yup 8 minutes of fast furious action.
Okay, I gotta go get ready to stain some bacteria we cultured on Tuesday. I hope we don't find E.coli on the finger pad samples because that would be mighty gross. You know what's good about being a girl in hijab? You get away with telling your lab partner that doing a nose swab really isn't good for the image LOL

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for mobile internet! It wouldn't work if you brought it with you outside of Australia, would it?

I think egg is counted as cooking. Ever heard people say they're cooking tea? :P

About the girl in hijab thing, I'm the last person in the world to ever get any joke. x.x

xoxo, nadia said...

I don't think it would work outside of Australia. I've heard of people cooking water, but it's said in Malay so I think that doesn't count lol.
I didn't want to swab my nose for a bacteriology lab because firstly it's kinda gross and secondly it's so unladylike to swab ur nose infront of so many people. So I tried to get out of it :D