Wednesday, February 17, 2010

@ Singapore Zoo







The elephant show was the best therefore there aren't any pictures of that because I was too busy enjoying it. The day was pretty fun except for one unfortunate incident where a muslim lady thought it was appropriate to keep shoving her daughters forward, intruding into my personal space, stepping on my toes and then once they pushed past me, they nicely tapped the shoulder of a non muslim woman infront and said 'excuse me'.
I moved the first time around to let her younger daughter through even though she was about 10, and was as tall as me. Then when her taller teenage daughter started shoving me I was not going to move until she asked me to. It's pathetic that children don't say things like 'excuse me' or 'please' anymore because their parents are to busy shoving them forward to teach them manners.
So it's really more of a manners thing but what got me really pissed was that they treated another muslim like crap.

3 comments:

Nur Amirah said...

I want to go to the zoo after my exams! I hate it when people don't even say a word and expect you to move away. Excuse me, how would I know you want to move forward. Gosh. happened to me on the bus. But the last time I went to the zoo, there were these 2 baboons. 1 baboon was trying to comfort the other. So amazing. My friends and I were just looking. Mashallah. So amazing. sorry for the sidetracking.hehehe

Unknown said...

Meh, forget the bad people there because there's just so many cool animals at the zoo, subhanAllah! :D

xoxo, nadia said...

@ Nur Amirah: Go to the zoo! :) The baboons were really interesting but the animal shows weren't too great, with the exception of the elephant show.

@ Adib: Yes, you're right. I wish now that I didn't get so upset over the incident because for the rest of the day, I ended up being a grouch.