Wednesday, May 26, 2010

That time of year again

Dad's here and despite the fact that I spent hours tidying my room, the first statement he made when he entered the room was... "WHY IS IT SO MESSY?!"
My heart is crushed :(

Australia wants to ban the burka. So few women wear them anyways and to focus so much time/energy on this 'security' topic seems like a total waste. Focus on other more important things like, the economy.

A christian politician was asked whether he wanted the burka banned to protect the women or just because he didn't like the look of the burka. He said he wanted it banned for both reasons but who are you trying to kid, mister? Have you ever spoken to a muslim woman wearing hijab/niqab/burka?


And, in case you haven't already heard, DELETE FACEBOOK!!! -way ahead of all of you :)

5 comments:

ellen557 said...

They don't want to ban it...
http://www.alarabiya.net/articles/2010/05/20/109170.html

xoxo, nadia said...

My bad. This post was based on the many tv shows I was watching last week that featured the move to ban the burka.
Thanks for correcting me!

ellen557 said...

I was really worried about it too. I still am, because I think a lot of the public would support it but hopefully the government will just keep saying no lol.

Malekat_el7oriya said...

Dear nadia,
i missed you:)i'm glad there isn't a ban and i'm sorry about the room issue. It happens to me all the time >:( it's rather upsetting.
Love you sis ;)

xoxo, nadia said...

Hi Malekat!!!
Been waiting for updates on your blog since forever. Then I stopped blogging as well. Im going to check your blog now.